THE INTERNET GRAMMAR OF ENGLISH

Robin Michael   Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:17 am GMT
MY COMMUNICATIVE GRAMMAR STUDY GUIDE

http://d.scribd.com/docs/1fs1r3ew8r9juwmwfx4q.pdf

This guide to English Grammar appears to be a fairly straight copy of

THE INTERNET GRAMMAR OF ENGLISH

www.ucl.ac.uk/internet-grammar/home.htm

The word "communicative" is interesting, because it means "Not necessarily correct - but will enable you to be understood".

1. As well as this resource which is available on the Internet for people wanting to learn English. There are also various YouTube videos of Teachers teaching English.

2. Livemocha.com enables people who are interested in learning foreign languages to do courses and to correspond with other people - including native speakers.

3. The antimoon site itself, contains a discussion about how to learn English and promotes a particular method. The antimoon site contains this forum. The forum gives people an opportunity to express themselves in English.

4. I would also recommend, Microsoft Word, which has a spelling check and grammar.

5. It is also possible to use Google and other search engines, to quickly check the spelling of a word, and its definition.

6. For a more in depth discussion of the meaning of a word or concept; there is Wikipedia, and Wikipedia Simple English.

7. Personally, I have found using the internet, that if I am looking up one aspect of English, e.g. 'The Gerund', I can come across a number of sites that enable me to find more and more.

I would have thought that anyone studying English is interested in communication at some level.

SO, WHY STUDY GRAMMAR?
HAL2000   Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:40 am GMT
Who are you? What is your purpose?