Audio Clip - Comments

Guess who I am   Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:53 pm GMT
http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/35765258/file.html

Comment on my English. Thank you.
asdf   Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:32 am GMT
Someone from India or Pakistan speaking with a Northern-cities vowel shifted American English dialect. Or someone from the Northern US speaking with an odd intonation, and increasing the speed of the recording.
Interesting   Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:39 am GMT
Wow, either you manipulated the recording with an audio editor, or you have a tiny vocal tract. Your vowel formant frequencies strongly suggest this. How tall are you, if you don't mind me asking?
Guess who I am   Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:06 am GMT
The pitch was changed of course. I'd like to hear more comments. Thanks.
Interesting   Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:53 pm GMT
Do you mind if I repost it with a pitch mean of 160Hz (average adult pitch for speaking) , and the vowel formants shifted by 1/1.2? It would make it sound more normal. Otherwise the slightly unnatural sounding pitch combined with the vowel formants that are appropriate for a 3-4 year old child (and thus make you sound very tiny) make it hard to focus on your accent.
Guess who I am   Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:22 pm GMT
Go right ahead.
jack   Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:33 pm GMT
Yeah, that's a good idea. Otherwise it sounds like a recording of a male altino with a height of about 3 feet 5 inches.
Guess who I am   Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:04 pm GMT
I didn't post at <<Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:22 pm GMT>> so that was someone else. I don't think the pitch matters much, I just need some random comments, period. And you idiot at 4:22 pm GMT, kill yourself, son of a fucking cocksucker.
jack   Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:09 pm GMT
Pitch does matter. When you record yourself speaking, you shouldn't use an audio program that has a "change pitch" feature if it also changes the vowel formant frequencies. If you want to change the pitch, make sure you have a program that chages only that. Otherwise it will sound quite bizarre and unnatural.
m   Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:54 pm GMT
btw, why did you change the pitch in the first place? It can be easily undone by determining the original pitch by computing the ratio of the F1 and F2 frequencies over the typical F1 and F2. Thus you can arrive at the amount of pitch increase to reconstruct the original voice.