Spanish, Italian and French

Danilo   Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:27 pm GMT
Only for who speaks Italian like native language please,
Is Italian more similar when speaking with Spanish or French?
What is more easy to understand when speaking and not reading?

Only for who speaks French like native language please,
Is French more similar when speaking with Spanish or Italian?
What is more easy to understand when speaking and not reading?

For native speaker of Portuguese, Spanish is the language more easy, followed by Italian and at last French.

I guess that Spanish follows the same order, Portuguese, Italian and at last French.
Julien   Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:39 pm GMT
I'm french
For me ...It's the same, italian, spanish, portuguese...I need to concentrate in order to understand because their pronunciation is different.
Italian   Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:44 pm GMT
Spanish is much easier to understand than FRench and Portuguese (particularly European Portuguese), but French grammar is perhaps more similar to Italian. Anyway, I have to say that there are lots of false friends between Italian and Spanish
Reina de Corazones   Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:49 am GMT
Why do people always exclude Romanian from the mighty Romance family?
Which language is easier to understand for a Romanian? Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, Occitan, Romansh? I guess that Italian...
Sanskrit   Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:53 am GMT
Sometimes Romanian sounds like an Italian dialect
the empire   Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:24 am GMT
Romanian is very similar to Italian and they sound, perhaps, like one language. The only difference for people who don't speak any of those two languages is the Italian melody while speaking. Romanian doesn't have it.

I think Romanian is closer to Italian than Dalmatian or Istrian.
not native   Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:28 am GMT
Romanian is very similar to Italian and they sound, perhaps, like one language

I don't think so, Romanian sounds much harsher than Italian probably due to the slavic influence
th   Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:16 am GMT
Romanian is very similar to Italian like Chinese is very similar to Dutch...
mim   Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:41 pm GMT
Romanian is very similar to Italian like Chinese is very similar to Dutch...

This is stupid, Romanian and Italian belong to the same group of languages, that is the latin or romance languages. Dutch is an Indo-European language, to be more precise a germanic language, whereas Chinese is a completely different language, an isolated one. Romanian and Italian also share lots of grammar aspects, unlike the other romance languages..plurals, articles, some irregular past participles