Italian Pronunciation

matko   Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:57 pm GMT
blanche, you're wrong.

Russian does have that sound, but unfortunately, the pronunciations differ. The standard Russian has this sound. Ex.: den', ponedel'nik etc...
The problem is that some Russians pronounce these words like djenj and not like dzjenj.

@ moi: About GL again. OK, if you're so sure that there's a great difference between Croatian LJ or Portuguese LH and Italian GL, try to explain it here. Except the doubling phenomenon that occurs in Italian now and then in this sound, something else to add?
moi   Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:02 pm GMT
Dear Matko do you think that the DZ sound in Zero or razza (the fish) is like Russian Den'??? I've learnt Russian and those sounds are completely different, sorry
matko   Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:16 pm GMT
Yes, I'm positive.

The only difference between the Russian and Italian DZ sound is that after DZ in word Den' comes the J sound, something like [dz-jen'] while in Italian zero [dzero].

Also I can assure you that you're not a Slav so the Russian phonology is quite odd for you. Don't know where have you been learning it, but was it somebody from Moscow teaching you Russian or Ukrainian / Belarus?

Now tell me that Polish or Croatian DZ sound is different- "nadzor" from Italian as well... lol
moi   Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:01 pm GMT
I've got plenty of Russian cds, cassettes and I've never learnt that sound. I'm not deaf! I've heard govorit' where the t' is pronounced a sort of tz, but only in Moscow and in the nearest areas
ja   Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:11 pm GMT
the T' sound in govorit' is not a TZ sound!!!

The TZ sound is in "cvet", and T' is a softened T, more similar to an English T that to C or TZ.

The same way T' sounds like C to you, D' is a DZ sound (perhaps, not that emphasized as in Italian zero).

[t̻ʲsʲ] [d̻ʲzʲ] (copied from a book). As you can see, there's a Z sound after D