UN accent

punctuator   Sat May 02, 2009 3:21 pm GMT
<<"Depends on people I'm talking to."

Is this acceptable grammar? >>

Yes -- although inserting a "the" before "people" might be preferable in this case. The only thing atypical I can see in the OP's posts is comma placement, but perhaps I'm not the greatest comma placer on the planet, either.
Qrious   Sat May 02, 2009 4:14 pm GMT
punctuator,

You'll soon be told to shut up until you learn to speak Croatian fluently without any mistakes. :)
...   Sat May 02, 2009 8:54 pm GMT
americans...i rest my case...
Wintereis   Sat May 02, 2009 9:33 pm GMT
What is with this juvanile squabling and xenophobia. One can be proud of one`s own nationality, culture, and language without being insulting to others. Why would you deride a non-native Englophone for mistakes when Antimoon is here to help people learn English. <americans . . . I rest my case>. Are you indicating that a native speaker of English should be fluent in punctuation? If so, you know nothing of the English language. There is no static and absolute rule for English punctuation. There are many distinct styles with various rules. Punctuation can change betwean countries too. Also, the styles change so frequently. One cannot maintain an absolute knowledge of English punctuation. English has long been held as a very dynamic language, which is something many native speakers enjoy.
Edmontoniche   Sun May 03, 2009 7:28 am GMT
"Yankee" is not proper English. It's Southern slang for Northerners.
//

In Canada a Yank is anyone from the US, including Californians.
yankee   Sun May 03, 2009 2:29 pm GMT
It doesn't matter. It just sounds stupid to us. Here at least, I have never heard anyone ever use that term. It can only refer to the Northern part of the country, and usually only the Northeast. You would get blank stares if you called a Southerner or Westerner that. No Southerner or Westerner would consider themselves a Yank(ee).
wedontgiveafuckhowitsound   Sun May 03, 2009 4:24 pm GMT
boz   Sun May 03, 2009 4:25 pm GMT
<< It doesn't matter. It just sounds stupid to us. Here at least, I have never heard anyone ever use that term. It can only refer to the Northern part of the country, and usually only the Northeast. You would get blank stares if you called a Southerner or Westerner that. No Southerner or Westerner would consider themselves a Yank(ee). >>

That's merely the usage in one particular country. In the rest of the world it means something else, whether you like it or not.