what do the words mean? (please tell me in english)

Zleep   Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:24 am GMT
tell me pleese! (for a scool task we had to tell what they mean I do not speak good engish since i am in germany)

guardian
curtains
twilight
except
mercy
pregnant
phlegm
biscuit
scenery
willow
pork
posh
eyelashes
eternal
insecure
science
smell
vision
weasel
astray
gown
starbuck
blade
entertainment
Anglo-Saxon
corpse
suggest
Laura Braun   Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:52 am GMT
urgent go www.wikipedia.com english section, write the words and see the answer otherwise why shoul you bother us to explain such simple words. (or you are lazy)
Laura Braun   Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:01 am GMT
copy paste:
A legal guardian, a person responsible for a war.

A curtain is a piece of cloth intended to block or obscure light. Curtains are often hung on the inside of a building's window to block the travel of light, for instance at night to aid sleeping, or to stop light from escaping outside the building (stopping people outside from being able to see inside, often for privacy reasons

Twilight is the time before sunrise and after sunset when sunlight scattered in the upper atmosphere illuminates the lower atmosphere and the surface of the Earth.

Mercy can refer both to compassionate behaviour on the part of those in power (e.g. mercy shown by a judge toward a convict) or on the part of a humanitarian third party (e.g. a mission of mercy aiming to treat war victims). Mercy is a term used to describe the leniency or compassion shown by one person to another, or a request from one person to another to be shown such leniency or compassion.
Laura Braun   Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:03 am GMT
Pregnancy is the carrying of one or more embryos or foeti by female mammals, including humans, inside their bodies. In a pregnancy there can be multiple gestations (for example, in the case of twins, or triplets). Human pregnancy is the most studied of all mammalian pregnancies.

Phlegm is a type of mucus, the sticky fluid secreted by the mucous membranes of animals. Its definition is limited to the mucus produced by the respiratory system, excluding that from the nasal passages, and particularly that which is expelled by coughing (sputumIn British English, Australian English and New Zealand English, a biscuit is a hard baked product which in North America may be called a "cookie" or "cracker", it should be noted however that it has become increasingly more common within England and Australia for cookie to be used to differentiate between the softer more chewy cookie and the harder more brittle biscuit
Laura Braun   Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:05 am GMT
So just continue, (there are pictures there, (if you cannot translate it in your own pictures), but if you wish you can read much more info for what are you interested in.
Jim   Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:28 am GMT
Hello Nora.

Zleep,

What you need is a dictionary.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/
Jim   Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:30 am GMT
... or yes, an encyclopædia, like Laura suggests.
Brennus   Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:48 am GMT
Zleep,

You can also try any number of English-German online dictionaries on the internet to look for the German equivalents. Here is one of my favorites.

http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/
Laura Braun   Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:06 pm GMT
Hi Jim,
your idea is better than mine :), thought to find something by scholastic (there could be more easy explanation about the words but couldn't find nothing.
Laura Braun   Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:45 am GMT
Jim, thank you for your confidentiality. You may easily quess the reason http://www.antimoon.com/forum/t1210-60.htm. I hate when someone use my name in such way.
Happy Holidays.
Laura Braun   Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:47 am GMT