help! I have a problem!

Guest   Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:05 pm GMT
I have lived in Britain all of my life and I can't speak English!!! When I am trying to read books, I am forgetting what words mean
Not only uncommon words, but words like water, January and food!
What is it really?
And when I am going to start a conversation, I always start with wrong words
I always say "you" in stead of "I"
César   Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:59 pm GMT
Are you serious about it? If so, I don't mean to be rude, but you need to seek professional help. That's just not normal.

Regards.
Laura Braun   Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:36 am GMT
the problem is called dislexia. some people can read several times the same text and not to get it. this is not because they are not smart. This is the case with Tom Cruis (he has suffered from dislexia too).
Laura Braun   Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:38 am GMT
here is some info about it: In its most common and apparent form, it is a disability in which a person's reading and/or writing ability is significantly lower than that which would be predicted by his or her general level of intelligence. However, as has been discovered only in the last decade, individuals may read and write perfectly and still have dyslexia (see "characteristics" below).

The term was coined in 1887. People are diagnosed as dyslexic when their reading problems cannot be explained by a lack of intellectual ability, inadequate instruction, or sensory problems such as poor eyesight. Because reading is a complex mental process, dyslexia has many potential causes. From a neurophysiological perspective, dyslexia can be diagnosed by close inspection of the morphology of the brain, usually upon autopsy. Dyslexia is also associated with phonological difficulties, such as enunciation.
thanhphuong76vn@yahoo.com   Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:14 am GMT
I am bad at listening skill. Therefore, it it dificult for me to work with foreigne leaders in my organization. Could you please share your experiences with me how to improve my English listening skill?

Thank you very much for your helping.
Laura Braun   Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:39 am GMT
here is the link which you can use it, but I'm not rather sure if it is helpful. You need much more practice. http://communication-skills-4confidence.com/listening-skills.html