You must specify a subject --ok ok there

Please   Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:21 am GMT
I am highlighting some of the traffic violations some commit while driving. One of the bullets I have is just "parking by blocking." That is, when you park your car in a way that blocks someone else and precludes them from leaving their spot.
Problem is, I have never heard this "parking by blocking" phrase before, yet, from a grammatical standpoint, I fail to see if anything could be wrong with it.
.   Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:08 am GMT
causing an obstruction

So often people get hung up on some grammatical point. I used to have a lot of trouble spelliing. When I could not spell a particular word, I just used another word. I think that people should adopt the same approach to grammar. It is not that important. What you say is important!
Parker T. Block, Jr.   Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:52 am GMT
Shouldn't that be "blocking by parking" or "parking with blocking" ?
Another Guest   Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:35 pm GMT
You should research the phrase "double parking" to see if that conveys your intended meaning.

BTW, something that I find slightly annoying is when there's a list in which the writer is inconsistent as to whether they include a subject. If you're listing a bunch of actions, it's okay for each item to be a sentence fragments (there will presumably be a subject and verb that apply to the whole list, such as "the following are prohibited"), but they should all be of the same form. All infinitives, or all past particles, or all gerunds, or whatever, but don't mix and match.