When will English do "great spelling shift"?

American   Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:11 pm GMT
<<Then US Americans should speak AMERICAN instead of English. The whole world uses much easier and more logical system called the metric system. >>

We ARE the world.
Celcius   Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:39 am GMT
<Do they use exclusively Celcius in Britain though? Or is Fahrenheit still there sometimes? When I went to Canada, I noticed that they usually still include both, but the C temp is listed first. How about in Australia and New Zealand and South Africa?>

Actually, Canadians almost always use Celicius exclusively. My Canadian friend said she had no idea how cold or hot it is when Americans say "50 degrees." The same goes for other English-speaking countries.
However, some older generations(people in their 70s, 80s) prefer to use Fahrenheit as they are more used to it.
Celcius   Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:50 am GMT
>40 damn hot (Summer in Arabia and/or Africa)
35-40 real hot (Summer in Texas)
30-35 hot (A hot summer day in the Midweast and/or Northeast)
25-30 warm (A hot summer day in California)
20-25 nice (Summer in Seattle)
15-20 refreshing
10-15 cool
5-10 chilly (A cold winter day in LA)
0-5 cold (A cold winter day in Seattle)
neg. 10-0 very cold (A cold winter day in NYC)
neg. 20-neg.10 real cold (Winter in Minnesota, Maine and etc)
below neg. 30 damn cold (Winter in Siberia, Northern territories in Canada)

Seriously, once you get used to it, it's not difficult at all.
Phoenix   Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:52 pm GMT
Phoenix is around 40 degrees in summer. Sure makes it sound more tolerable than 104.
WRP   Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:51 am GMT
My observation about Canada is that Canadians always state the weather in celsius, but at least in every apartment I ever lived in, the oven still had temps listed in Fahrenheit. Of course being rentals I never had a particularly new oven.
Celcius rules!   Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:07 am GMT
<My observation about Canada is that Canadians always state the weather in celsius.>

So do the people from the rest of the world!
Fahrenheit   Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:43 pm GMT
Yes, but in Canada, the Fahrenheit temp is usually still listed in parenthesis after the celsius temperature. That's in contrast to all non-English countries, where Fahrenheit is never listed at all.
Celcius   Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:55 pm GMT
<Yes, but in Canada, the Fahrenheit temp is usually still listed in parenthesis after the celsius temperature.>

Then why can't the US list the Celcius temperature parenthesis after the Fahrenheit temperature?

It's better than listing the Spanish signs parenthesis after English.
"For English, please press one, para Espanol blah blah dos"