Meaning of "Miss me a little"

betty   Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:15 am GMT
Miss me a little...
What does exactly mean? Id this like an idiom or it means exactly what it says?

Thanks
singer   Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:35 am GMT
context?
singer   Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:42 am GMT
It would put my money on the following:

An enraged man is running from the police with a handbag stolen from the innocent woman he slew only a few minutes before. A police officer sprints down the road after him. Suddenly the thief stumbles on a broken aerosol can and falls heavily, but as he falls he draws his pistol and fires a shot towards the police officer who is bearing down on him like a bull. Unfortunately for the thief, his bullet misses the officer by a fraction of an inch, giving the police officer time to scream in rage and returns fire. One of the bullets strikes the fallen man wounding him seriously. The police officer stands over the dying man and speaks:
"miss me a little... and you will pay with your life!"
singer   Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:45 am GMT
So it means "because your bullet did not render me incapacitated, (I am now going to kill you)".
I hope you understand now!
betty   Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:53 pm GMT
sorry guys.

I meant "miss" like missing someone.

Thanks
Leasnam   Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:05 pm GMT
without context I would say it sounded like a plea to be missed

eg. I'm leaving now...please *miss me a little*

best guess
betty   Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:30 pm GMT
yes, that was the context Leasnam.
So "a little" doesn't mean anything in this case?

Thanks.
Leasnam   Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:00 pm GMT
<<So "a little" doesn't mean anything in this case? >>

It's probably a reference to the fact that the speaker may feel it's possible that he/she may not be missed at all.

Even though he/she may really want to be missed a lot, they may feel that even hoping to be missed a little is asking a lot.

It doesn't seem like the speaker is actually saying "I want you to miss me only a little bit [because I won't miss you any more than that either]--No. It's just a sweet and modest way of asking to be missed :-)
Rapp   Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:20 pm GMT
Leasnam is closest to how I would use it.

I would most likely use it as a question. Imagine I'm on a business trip or something, and I call me wife back home.

"Hi, miss me a little?"

"I miss you so much!"

"Me too."

That kind of thing.
betty   Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:26 am GMT
Thank you all.It makes sense now.