Where to study abroad? Spain or France?!

@   Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:41 am GMT
I know both Spanish and French at the same level. I understand what I read, but I don't speak much. I would like to study abroad in the following spring, and so I would need to decide now which language should I improve for my stay in Europe. I like both countries very much, and so this decision is very difficult for me. I want to study in Paris if it's France, and in Madrid, Valencia or Seville if its Spain. Which city would be the most fun for a student? Which retained its authenticity and withstood the waves of tourism and globalization? Which has the prettiest girls and boys? :-) (I'm bi).
Thank you very much!
diego   Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:06 am GMT
Te recomiendo que vayas a Francia, en España ya hay suficiente bajeza, no necesitamos más.
Esteban   Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:54 am GMT
¿Diego mi amor, porqué le trataste así?

@ Come to Valencia, Spain ;-)
cnalbis   Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:09 am GMT
Seville in the summer must be lots of fun. The high temperatures rival such places as Blythe, Yuma, Needles, Parker, Bullhead City, and come close to those in the legendary Death Valley itself.
diego   Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:58 am GMT
España ya está llena de maricones, vete a Francia, allí hay muchos maricones todavía no salidos del armario que te acogerán con alegría.
bruno   Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:25 pm GMT
barcelona is the best student city in the world!!!
Esteban   Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:27 pm GMT
Diego, mi cielo, ya me había imaginado que tu rechazo se debía a su bisexualidad, eres tan retrogrado, cariño. Sería interesante saber a que le temes. ¿Tienes miedo de caer en la tentación? cuidadito, que por ahí dicen que los homófobos en el fondo, tienen un "obscuro" secretito.
Hilda   Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:01 pm GMT
Don't go to Barcelona if you want to study Spanish. Its main language is Catalan, and the locals might not respect you if won't attempt to speak their language. Andalucia is much more Spanish than Catalonia.
Smart Guest   Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:59 am GMT
If you are torn between France and Spain, pick Barcelona, for it is a hybrid of the two. It is like Paris, but in Spain.
Smart Guest   Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:01 am GMT
Valencia also isn't a bad idea. It's like a petite and clean version of Barcelona, and it is less expensive.
Guest   Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:52 pm GMT
Alicante is also a good city to learn Spanish.
Sarko   Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:45 pm GMT
Which has the prettiest girls and boys? :-) (I'm bi).

Prettiest girls : France
Prettiest boys: Spain
End of spain   Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:12 am GMT
In Spain cross-dressing is a national pastime, every time you turn on the TV there is a new cross-dresser. Also, they are obsessed with homos, every time you turn on the TV, there are some homos on screen. Every show on TV in Spain has a homo sub-story line.
It's getting a bit over the top. It's a good thing to be tolerant, sure, but actively encouraging it is a bit over the top and counterproductive. It is considered 'cool' to be homo in Spain, so to admit you are straight is like 'coming out of the closet'.
Homo   Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:43 am GMT
In Spain cross-dressing is a national pastime, every time you turn on the TV there is a new cross-dresser. Also, they are obsessed with homos, every time you turn on the TV, there are some homos on screen. Every show on TV in Spain has a homo sub-story line.
It's getting a bit over the top. It's a good thing to be tolerant, sure, but actively encouraging it is a bit over the top and counterproductive. It is considered 'cool' to be homo in Spain, so to admit you are straight is like 'coming out of the closet'.

-> Very, very good. I'm going to Spain!!!