the main language will be...

Mohmed   Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:20 am GMT
Arabic...will be the main language of the world in future...
MKGVH   Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:20 am GMT
In 2009 we can say that the languages of the future are English, Spanish, Chinese and Arabic. All experts think that. But it is very difficult to predict it...

Nope. 2 of them are in stagnation and out of the top 5 most studied languages: Arabic and Spanish. Another one is not clear, but dialectical trends are bad: Chinese

In 2009 we can say that the languages of the future are English, French, Russian and German. All experts think that. But it is very difficult to predict it...
TIONGHOA   Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:42 am GMT
TO: MKGVH & Mohmed

1, Perhaps Arabic has more dialects than Chinese does.

2, Mandarin is the official language of China, it's the most important and useful language in Mainland and Taiwan. If you don't know Cantonese or Minnanese, it doesn't matter so much. However, Arabic has some different official dialects which are almost equally or parallelly important (though Egyptian might be more popular) and spoken in different countries, while only Modern Standard Arabic is acted as a common written form of Arabic speaking world.
Joao   Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:59 pm GMT
"<<Working more? If the EU pays to Portugal for not producing anything, how is that possible?>>

Es posible porque sois unos vagos y preferís la limosna de Europa antes que crear industrias y producir."

Não idiota, é a Espanha que com apoio da UE que corrompre toda a classe política e económica de Portugal para nos levar à asfixia.

No, idiot, it's Spain that, with support of the EU that bribes all the political and economic class so as to asphyxiate us.

See the disparity in fishing and agriculture quotas? The case of the oranges from Portugal (Algarve) is a scandal: It wasn't enough Portugal not receiving a dime for orange production (unlike Spain), the EU is now paying to the orange growers of the Algarve to cut their trees. Andalucians drink champagne with that.
See the prohibition of Portugal to built large ships? See the lowest CO2 emission rights of Europe? See the insistence of all the political class in government to have high speed trains (unnecessary in Portugal), so that it increases the reliance in Madrid, and the use of Spanish electricity? The Spanish drink champagne with that. The other European and Canadian rail companies (read Bombardier, who bought a Portuguese rail factory just to close it soon after) also drink champagne as they'll earn a lot of money with the stuff sold to Portugal.

Spain slowly tries to bribe politicians in another attempt to take Portugal under its control. It's not the 1st time that that happens. Once again people will rebel against that.
Harman   Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:12 am GMT
Joao stop crying and do something....

1) Change your politics if they don't do well
2) We at spain have same problems you have wrotten up with milk, meat,wine, grapes, sugar, some fruit trees and other cultivations...and we don't crie.
3) We are also loosing our factories... that's a global problem with asia and not because UE
4) High speed trains are made for an integrated UE, so you can get more tourist, goods, services, sell your goods and services etc...All UE are building a high speed railway net.

As i said, it's very easy to blame your neighbourd about your problems.... do something man.
Joao   Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:06 pm GMT
"Joao stop crying and do something....

1) Change your politics if they don't do well"

That's what I try to do.

"2) We at spain have same problems you have wrotten up with milk, meat,wine, grapes, sugar, some fruit trees and other cultivations...and we don't crie."

You do not have the restrictions imposed by Brussels to Portugal. The lobbies in Brussels work hard in the shade, don't you know that? Do you know b the way the words in Turkish, Greek, Bulgarian, Georgian for orange? The portuguese were the first to bring the common sweet kind of orange from India to Europe. Now the EU wants Portugal to stop producing oranges so that "nuestros hermanos" keep supplying Europe with that. Shocking!!!

"3) We are also loosing our factories... that's a global problem with asia and not because UE"

It is also because of the mistakes done by the EU in the last 10 years. I know that productivity in Spain is not that high, but you have a more effective way to keep production in your country because of cheaper electricity. The Portuguese political class is heavily bribed by European and Spanish interests, so it plainly refuses to take the right measures. Portugal got the lowest CO2 emission ceiling of the EU at 27. There's only one solution: to leave the EU.

"4) High speed trains are made for an integrated UE, so you can get more tourist, goods, services, sell your goods and services etc...All UE are building a high speed railway net."

Which tourists? only from Spain? It's good to have tourists from all over the world, and high speed trains are not a tool for that. Airports yes. Reliance on trains in a maritime country like Portugal is dysfunctional. The Portuguese political class, bribed by Spain, keeps insisting on high speed trains, even having already quite good tilting trains in Portugal.

"As i said, it's very easy to blame your neighbourd about your problems.... do something man."

Yes, stopping being strangled by Spain is one of the things we have to do.
Harman   Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:59 am GMT
Joao, yes we spaniard are evil, and wanna frak portugal that's right.....we live to frak portugal, and that's just all we want to do in our live.

Don't be fool man...everybody have their own problems you know. And beside politics won't solve them... in my experience politics create more problems than solutions. I think this is global.

By the way, belive or not today in 'El pais' paper you have an article about Jose Saramago (portugues) lusitan spanish union.

''La hipotética unión de España y Portugal resultaría en el país con mayor extensión de la Unión Europea y el quinto en población con más de 57 millones de habitantes, por detrás de Alemania, Reino Unido, Francia e Italia. La suma del Producto Interior Bruto a precios corrientes de los dos países ibéricos daría como resultado la quinta economía de la Unión Europea.''

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/internacional/portugueses/apoya/union/politica/Espana/elpepuint/20090728elpepuint_12/Tes#EnlaceComentarios
Guest   Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:38 am GMT
A ver si os enteráis de una vez, para España Portugal prácticamente no existe. Es como Marruecos, un país que no nos dice nada y que obviamos. Son los portugueses los que no duermen pensando en España, nosotros simplemente os ignoramos, tenemos otras cosas muchos más importantes de las que preocuparnos.
Joao   Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:45 pm GMT
"Joao, yes we spaniard are evil, and wanna frak portugal that's right.....we live to frak portugal, and that's just all we want to do in our live.

Don't be fool man...everybody have their own problems you know. And beside politics won't solve them... in my experience politics create more problems than solutions. I think this is global.

By the way, belive or not today in 'El pais' paper you have an article about Jose Saramago (portugues) lusitan spanish union.

''La hipotética unión de España y Portugal resultaría en el país con mayor extensión de la Unión Europea y el quinto en población con más de 57 millones de habitantes, por detrás de Alemania, Reino Unido, Francia e Italia. La suma del Producto Interior Bruto a precios corrientes de los dos países ibéricos daría como resultado la quinta economía de la Unión Europea.''

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/internacional/portugueses/apoya/union/politica/Espana/elpepuint/20090728elpepuint_12/Tes#EnlaceComentarios"

No, the Spaniards are not evil (lol). No one is evil. Spaniards are usually nice people. I've been to Spain several times. Spain is a nice country and Spanish people are nice people.
The problem is politics. This is what it's not right.

About the Iberian Union, I do not share Saramago's point of view. It takes a while to explain. It wouldn't solve Portugal's problems. Portugal's problems are caused by the EU and the stranglement that it's subject because of our geographical position.
So, leaving the EU and implementing liberal reforms is the solution.
The unemployment in Spain is (if I am not wrong) higher in Spain than in Portugal. If Portugal belonged to Spain, the minimum wage would increase (if I am not wrong, from the current mere 450 euros/m to the Spanish 624/m) but because Portugal is the periphery, the unemployment would increase a lot as well. This is not the solution.

Ireland was poor and became rich in 10 years without belonging to the UK. The reasons behind that are other reasons. They made the right tax reforms.
Joao   Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:49 pm GMT
"A ver si os enteráis de una vez, para España Portugal prácticamente no existe. Es como Marruecos, un país que no nos dice nada y que obviamos. Son los portugueses los que no duermen pensando en España, nosotros simplemente os ignoramos, tenemos otras cosas muchos más importantes de las que preocuparnos."

Oh yes (lol), so much so that you seem really pissed off and do not stop posting stupidity here (lol).