Am I Supposed To Learn Arabic?

seriously dude   Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:38 am GMT
UUhh?? Hello??? Can someone name me one Arabic speaking country which is not dirt poor?? Or if they're not dirt poor, they are oilocracies who squander their cash on overblown projects which are ostentatious and useless. These countries will never become leaders in anything , innovation is stifled by their religion and culture. Women are oppressed. How can a country compete these days if half their human resources are rendered useless by definition?
Zorro   Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:59 pm GMT
Perhaps you don't understand the new global situation. You will speak Arabic in France, Spain, Germany and all Europe by Arabic minorities, some 40 million by 2050.

At the same time the Arabic World will be 500 million in 2050. They will be poorer countries than European ones, but like in China, it will be a medium class very interesting for international companies.

When they will be aware of the importance of Arabic, they won't study European languages. Modern Standard Arabic will be the ONLY lingua franca from Morocco to Iraq and from Tunisia to Somalia.

Finally, if Arabic is in the Big Four system (with English, Spanish and Chinese), a lot of Muslims will prefer to study Arabic and not English. It will be an important lingua franca in Black Africa, Central Asia, Pakistan, India (Muslim minorities), Bangladesh, Malaysia and Indonesia.

It can be spoken by 1 billion people in different degrees around the Word...
Guest   Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:27 pm GMT
Doubtful. The Arabs need to be kicked out of Europe. They don't belong.
Guest   Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:46 pm GMT
If civil war is to break out in Europe, human rights will mean far less and make no mistake that the European population has the access to weaponry and technology.
tula   Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:16 am GMT
Even if a billion people speak Arabic, you have to divide that number by 2 to get the real figure, only 500 million, because half of them are not people, i.e, they are women.