T and E law

Please   Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:10 am GMT
"From what I saw she's doing a pretty damn good job of trying," he replied. "So why'd you jump to the government side?"

"Nothing too original. I got burned out on the billable hour treadmill. And you're not going to change the world doing T and E law."

What's T and E law?
=============================================

"I know he's gotten extraordinary results. I wonder if he employs extraordinary means to achieve them. For example, we've had real problems with rendition."
"I've heard that's quite a political football."
"It's no wonder with the way the procedure works. Suspected terrorists are transferred from the US to other countries or vice versa without any legal processing or access by the International Red Cross..."

What's "a political football" imply?
Kess   Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:45 pm GMT
Tesla & Edison.
Uriel   Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:54 pm GMT
No, T & E law -- trust and estate law.

A political football is any issue that gets passed back and forth between different departments or jurisdictions, especially if it's a hot topic that no one particularly wants to deal with or have to take responsibility for.
Please   Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:18 pm GMT
Thanks, Uriel.
Eddy   Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:30 am GMT
T and E law:

This stands for Test and Evaluation law. That is, it is the law that pertains to Test and Evaluation in engineering projects such as the Boeing 777 aircraft.
Woozle   Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:12 pm GMT
Good lord. T&E law = trust and estate law, and nothing else, as has already been said. Stop confusing people. Legalese should already be studied as a foreign language by native English speakers. No need to make it more confusing still.
Eddy   Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:39 am GMT
Good lord. T&E law = trust and estate law, and nothing else, as has already been said. Stop confusing people. Legalese should already be studied as a foreign language by native English speakers. No need to make it more confusing still.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
NO!

Test and Evaluation Law is very important.