Zut! Lebanon is Dropping French for English

Guest   Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:36 pm GMT
<<The problem for French in the Middle East is that English is strongly associated to Islam. >>

Isn't English the language of the Christian invasors in Irak and Afghanistan?. How can it be associated to Islam?
Guest   Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:50 pm GMT
Tony blair has helped destroy one of the
oldest churches on earth

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/edwest/blog/2009/05/11/

If George Bush and Tony Blair were “crusaders”, as Muslims insist, then they were the worst in history. Worst, that is, as in the most ineffective. What other Crusade has resulted in the Christian population of a country being almost totally destroyed?

Now that the Americans are leaving Iraq, the ancient Christian community, who converted in the second century while our ancestors were still worshipping rocks, and who still speak Aramaic, will pay the ultimate price. Nice one, Tony, you’ve helped to destroy one of the oldest Christian communities on earth and with it the language of Christ. Stick that on the wall of your inter-faith centre.

Iraqi Christians already endured hell. The figures vary, but the best estimates put the Christian population at 1.2 million in 1991, 800,000 in 2003 and less than 400,000 today. At this rate the Assyrians will be extinct before the black rhino; in fact it’s a shame they don’t have horns or fur or flippers, as their plight would undoubtedly have received more attention in the British media.

The Christian press in Britain has reported the ongoing pogrom - murders, kidnappings, church bombings - with growing horror, but unfortunately the public at large has not shown the same interest. I wonder whether a Christian massacre of Muslims would result in the same media black-out.

It’s sad but the ceremony yesterday, at which Pope Benedict addressed 50,000 Christians in Jordan, including many Iraqi refugees, may not be possible in 20 years. Jordan and Syria both treat their Christian populations well, but where they aren’t being persecuted the general economic stagnation of the Middle East is driving Christians west.

http://www.christiansofiraq.com/blair-helpeddestroy-the-oldest-church-on-earth.html
calid   Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:50 am GMT
English is strongly associated to Islam

Are you kidding ?

No english for many muslims is associated with christianism!!!! French is more atheist in a way...

But the only one language who is associated to Islam is ARAB!!!! That's why all the muslims in the world even black, europeans or asiatic speak arab.
You're obliged to learn arab in order to be muslim.
jkkjk   Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:02 am GMT
I'd like to learn ARabic but I'm not interested at all in religion, I'm atheist and happy. I'm not biased against Muslims either
Guest   Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:09 pm GMT
If you are an atheist then Arabic is not the best option. Arabic literature is all about Allah.