Choosing a "pocket" Spanish dictionary

Z.J.J   Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:26 am GMT
I've already got an authoritative <Oxford Spanish Dictionary> on the bookshelf, it's not very heavy but rather inconvenient to carry around, so I'd like to get an intermediate level pocket dictionary. The bilingual edition of "Spanish-English & English-Spanish" (including the differences between Castilian & Latin American) would be much preferred. Do you have any suggestions for the following brand options? Thank you very much!

1. Oxford: 《Pocket Oxford Spanish Dictionary》

2. Random House: 《Random House Spanish Dictionary》

3. Collins: 《Collins Easy Learning Spanish Dictionary》

4. Merriam Webster: 《Merriam-Webster's Spanish-English Dictionary》

5. other choices (in detail).

Remark: I personally can't get used to any electronic dictionaries, maybe I prefer to carry paper dictionaries around. Sometimes, I feel it's a pain looking up an electronic dictionary for more details.

NO SPAM PLEASE! PEACE!
Sonator   Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:28 am GMT
I'd like to recommend Pocket Oxford Spanish Dictionary.
cherry   Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:03 am GMT
I 'd go for "Oxford" then would choose "Collins" or " Merriam Webster" as a second choice ,either of them equally good!
day_cart   Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:18 pm GMT
The Collins Easy Learning Spanish Dictionary is for beginners (I have a copy).

For carrying around, I use the Oxford Spanish Minidictionary which actually fits in your pocket (unlike the Pocket Oxford Spanish Dictionary - unless you've got huge pockets) It's a bit hard to read in bad light tho. And OK, it isn't as 'authoritative' as the OSD, but then again, there are plenty Spanish words not in the OSD either. It's only around 175g too for us weaklings, as opposed to the 975g of the Pocket Oxford Spanish Dictionary, but I guess that won't bother somebody used to lugging around the 2.8kg of the OSD :)
Z.J.J   Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:58 am GMT
What about <Collins concise Spanish dictionary>?