Why do Spanierds use Le & Les

Quevedo   Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:16 pm GMT
RAE does not regulate how the Americans have to pronounce Spanish because it's "Real Academia Española". In America they have their own Spanish Academiae.

"Puelto Lico"

That sounds more like a Chinese speaking Spanish. Puertoricans don't sepak that way.
Quevedo   Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:27 pm GMT
Plus, there are people in Spain who speak Spanish worse than the Cubans and Puertorricans like many Andalusians , so RAE should care of teaching these Spanish proper and intelligible Spanish. It's easier to understand Galician that some Andalusian varieties of Spanish.
Croat   Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:27 pm GMT
It's easier to understand Galician

You mean that contaminated variaty of Galician spoken on TV. They all speak with a dull Castilian accent but I can assure you that old native Galician speakers have or had a more genuine accent, much more similar to Portuguese hence less comprehensible for a Spanish speaker
Guest   Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:39 pm GMT
It's standard Galician that is contaminated by Portuguese, even in some Galescolas they say "terça-feira" instead of "mercores", just to artificially make it different to Spanish and to resemble Portuguese. Old native Galicians may be less understandable because they use strange words that are not present in formal registers (the same happens in Andalusian Spanish) but let's compare apples to apples: Portuguese spoken on TV vs Galician spoken on TV. The last one is flawlessly intelligible by a Spanish speaker whereas Portuguese isn't. In fact that's the reason why the Galicians are switching fast to Castilian: there is no need to have a distinct language tha is understood by the Spanish and sounds pretty much like Spanish. It's true too that Galician is influenced by Spanish to a big deal and that makes Galician more a dialect of Spanish than a fully different language.
Cervantes   Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:56 pm GMT
<<RAE does not regulate how the Americans have to pronounce Spanish because it's "Real Academia Española". In America they have their own Spanish Academiae.
>>

The RAE regulates all the Spanish language, my point is, if the RAE accepted such a terrible mistake such as Leimo, why shouldn't it also accept Caribbeans saying "tomal", "colonel", etc.?
Guest   Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:51 pm GMT
You are completely wrong, RAE exists only in Spain. People in America have their own Academiae . Aside from that , RAE does not focus on pronunciation but rather on other aspects of the language like grammar. As far as I know the only norms with regard to pronunciation that RAE said are that B and V must not be pronounced different and the one about yeismo.

<<"tomal", "colonel", etc.? >>

I don't see why this is particularly wrong. Each country pronounce Spanish differently and equally correct according to their unique linguistic and cultural reality.The worst thing about American Spanish is the unnecessary use of many anglicisms.
In Spain: "doh", "mujereh", "conceto", "setiembre", "Ejpaña",...