comparing Iberian languages

rouxinol   Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:22 am GMT
As far as I know Castilian has the most regular and intuitive grammar amongst Iberian languages. For instance, If you take into account plurals, articles, contracted prepositions, formation of noun and adjective feminine, the Spanish ones are really easy and straightforward compared to the Portuguese, CAtalan, Asturian and Galician ones. All these languages have more irregularities....
rouxinol   Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:56 pm GMT
Experts in the Iberian languages are solicited..
franco   Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:24 pm GMT
Nobody is interested in other Iberian languages appart from Spanish.
kiokolo   Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:27 pm GMT
Nobody??

Most people are more interested in Portuguese than Spanish?? Some acquaintaces of mine are even learning Catalan....
franco   Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:33 pm GMT
Most people are more interested in Portuguese than Spanish

hahahahahaha. How many people study Portuguese in Europe? 0%.
European   Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:35 pm GMT
me and some friends of mine at university....Spanish is too easy for us, sorry
franco   Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:50 pm GMT
But that does not make Portuguese a more studied language than Spanish, don't you think so?.
kiokolo   Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:36 pm GMT
you're right I was wrong in the previous post I just wanted to say: Some people are more interested than....
élet   Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:49 am GMT
If you take into account plurals, articles, contracted prepositions, formation of noun and adjective feminine, the Spanish ones are really easy

The same occurs if you compare basic Spanish grammar with other Romance languages, Spanish articles, plurals, contracted prepositions and so on are by far the most regular and straightforward