French Immersion Schools in Hispanic Countries

Guepard   Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:02 pm GMT
French immersion is a form of bilingual education in which a child who does not speak French as his or her first language receives instruction in school in French. In most French-immersion schools, children will learn to speak French and learn subjects such as history, geography and science in French.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_immersion

* Bogotá, Colombia, Lycée Français Louis Pasteur
* Buenos Aires, Argentina, Lycée Franco-Argentin Jean Mermoz
* Caracas, Venezuela, Lycée Français de Caracas - Colegio Francia
* La Paz, Bolivia, Lycée Franco-Bolivien Alcides D'Orbigny
* Lima, Peru, Lycée Franco-Péruvien
* Madrid, Spain, Lycée Français de Madrid
* Mexico City, Mexico, Lycée Franco-Mexicain
* Tegucigalpa, Honduras, Lycée Franco-hondurien

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agence_pour_l%27enseignement_fran%C3%A7ais_%C3%A0_l%27%C3%A9tranger
Harman   Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:19 pm GMT
This is great i would like i got a bilingual o trilingual education.
Now in spain there are a lot of children studying 3 language at the same time French, English and of course Spanish. There are Italian and Deutsche too but they are not so popular as English and French.
I don't know why don't teach portugues at school it's so easy language for a spanish speaker and they are our neighbords.
blanc   Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:25 pm GMT
I don't know why don't teach portugues at school it's so easy language for a spanish speaker and they are our neighbords.

European Portuguese is very very difficult for a Spanish kid, English is probably much easier, at least you don't have to conjugate all those tenses and moods!
US citizen   Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:44 pm GMT
That would be a truly great way to build your spanish and your french at the same time. personally, I know spanish and still studying french in college, I think that this is a perfect way to blend them.

I agree that portuguese always gets the short-end-of-the-stick when it comes to language instruction. it is a shame
oiuyt   Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:55 pm GMT
Romanian and Portuguese are the least studied Romance languages, this is a common knowledge...
It's common for people to say that you can make anything sound good if you say it in French. Italian is often called the language of love, and Spanish has been said to be the language you should use when speaking to God. Besides French, Italian, and Spanish, Romance languages also include Portuguese, Romanian, Catalan, and Provencal
Guest   Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:41 pm GMT
Here in Madrid many public schools are bilingual. Depending on the school almost all the subjects may be taught in English, excluding Spanish and Spanish Literature of course.
atheist   Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:03 pm GMT
and Spanish has been said to be the language you should use when speaking to God.

Since God does not exist, you don't need to learn and speak Spanish :-)
Dogchau   Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:07 pm GMT
<<I don't know why don't teach portugues at school it's so easy language for a spanish speaker and they are our neighbords.

European Portuguese is very very difficult for a Spanish kid, English is probably much easier, at least you don't have to conjugate all those tenses and moods!>>

They do in Uruguay, don't they?
Guest   Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:26 pm GMT
I doubt in Uruguay they teach European Portuguese.
/*-   Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:35 am GMT
One question: I heard a lot of times to say that It is easier,for Spaniards, to learn English if they learn German before than to learn English directly. Can anyone tell me why?
thank you.
Harman   Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:47 am GMT
He He He, that's because if you can learn deutsche you can learn easier languege and faster.
Learning deutsche is a verbal intelligence evidence. It's a hard learning language at least for a romance native.
/*-   Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:41 am GMT
Thank you for your answer Harman.