Why isn’t German very popular? (copied)

Budd   Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:32 pm GMT
<<I 'm not sure but perhaps if Philippines wants to do business with Brazil both sides may use Spanish too. I heard about Philippines' intention to make closer economic ties with Hispanic America. >>

Filippinos would use English
Guest   Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:40 pm GMT
Maybe with other countries, but not with South America.
Blanc   Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:48 pm GMT
<<At least we have all the Continents! The two most spoken languages in all of them are:

Africa: Arabic, English

Antarctica: English, Spanish

Asia: Chinese, Hindi

Europe: English, Russian

Latin America: Spanish, Portuguese

North America: English, Spanish

Australasia & Pacific: Indonesian, English>>

Hmmm....That confirms the importance of French language...NOWHERE!
blanc   Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:50 pm GMT
Because GErman is an unpleasant language. The Germans are cold and Germany is not as nice as other European countries. Ok, Germany is the number one in Europe economically, but who cares, businessmen are used to speaking English
Guest   Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:58 pm GMT
Germany is not ugly. This country has more forest and wild nature than many other European countries.
Teo   Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:01 pm GMT
<Because GErman is an unpleasant language>
German is more pleasant than french.
Jacques   Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:19 pm GMT
Are you crazy?

When a German speaks in my country, all people are afraid of being in a WWII film.
Teo   Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:32 pm GMT
Jaqcues,where is your country? Maybe in the moon?
Guest   Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:38 pm GMT
Espero que los alemanes invadan de nuevo este continente de mierda llamado Europa.
K. T.   Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:42 pm GMT
You'd think it'd be possible to discuss any language in a language forum, but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! It has to turn into anger about being forced to be in WWII era films, anti-moon comments, and wishes that Germans invade Europe.
blanc   Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:43 pm GMT
Espero que los alemanes invadan de nuevo este continente de mierda llamado Europa

y maten a ese gilipollas de extrema derecha llamado ARmada! Ya no lo aguanto!
Guest   Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:00 pm GMT
You'd think it'd be possible to discuss any language in a language forum, but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! It has to turn into anger about being forced to be in WWII era films, anti-moon comments, and wishes that Germans invade Europe

You sound like a newcomer to Antimoon. I don't know why but everytime a person talks about German the nazi think has to arise. The brainwashing made by Hollywood films has devastated their minds.
Guest   Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:03 pm GMT
thing*
pete   Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:00 am GMT
It's not just Hollywood films. The only time I ever heard about Germans when I was younger was in history class when we talked about WWII and nazis. Our education system is to blame as well.
fraz   Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:12 am GMT
That's a shame because a huge number of German people moved to the States prior to WWWII and the language is a part of America's cultural past.