The new Latin: Spanish language

Harman   Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:38 pm GMT
Uhm after read my last statement, i'm thinking that the reason there are no brazilian portugues classes for spanish people at school or out (at least in spain) is because we can learn it by ourselves, teacher are not required to learn brazilian portugues from a spanish stage. Just watch inet tv thousends of hours you can learn portugues by yourself.

I recomended JLC's internet tv free software, you have a lot of tv channels all around the globe. You can free download here:

http://www.softonic.com/s/jlc
Sopcast software is ok too and it's also free.

I can't neither find a computer course as tell me more portugues or something like that.

I'm speaking about Bz P because it's closer to spanish and it has much more speakers than Pt P. I think BZ P is more interesting than Pt P for a spanish speaker.
Visitor   Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:12 pm GMT
Yes, Spanish is the new Latin language no doubt about it.

In fact it's on its way towards the path that its mom took. Disintegration into numerous variants that eventually leads to new languages.
Harman   Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:22 pm GMT
No way visitor, there is a global spanish language asociation to standard spanish. All spanish spoken countries take part.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_Spanish_Language_Academies

And beside we have medias to standard languages. Old Romans hadn't got.
analyst   Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:15 pm GMT
<<Disintegration into numerous variants that eventually leads to new languages. >>

Are any of these new variants more analytic, with simpler morphology, as was the case with the Spanish compared to Latin.
Komtu   Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:28 pm GMT
People are suggesting that Spanish cut down on its difficulties. Instead, why not cut down things in English? For example, instead of "Where did Jim go on Friday?", we could use "Where Jim Friday?" That sounds stupid, and will probably not happen in any language, suggesting it is showing your own laziness. Also, people are STILL saying Spanish is easy. As far as pronunciation, yes, to most people who know languages that aren't English ( Because [loʊz pʰɛɪɹoʊz] sounds stupid when the norm is [lo̞s pe̞ro̞s]), but Spanish is the most evolved in context of grammar of all the romance languages, making it a bit harder.
Evinória   Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:45 pm GMT
Ok! Há muitas pessoas aqui que sabem de tudo sobre tudo! Mas quem conhece o Brasil sabe do que falo!

o Espanhol não é tão estudado quanto parece! Não esqueçam que as escolas podem ESCOLHER entre o Inglês, Castelano e Francês. 70% ensinam o Inglês e apenas 26% o Castelano (Espanhol).

Logo, para nós brasileiros, o castelano é importante pelas nossas relações com os Países Latinoamericanos. Não podemos nos tornar uma ilha e olhar somente para nós. Porém, se você perguntar a um brasileiro o que ele prefere aprender entre o Inglês e o Castelano, com certeza a maioria responderá o Inglês.

Podemos aprender o Castelano por nós mesmos, coisa que quem fala castelano não pode fazer com o Português. Eles podem aprender a escrever, mas não a falar e escutar um lusófono.

Definitivamente o Castelano não é o novo Latim.
grandeur   Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:02 pm GMT
o Espanhol não é tão estudado quanto parece! Não esqueçam que as escolas podem ESCOLHER entre o Inglês, Castelano e Francês. 70% ensinam o Inglês e apenas 26% o Castelano (Espanhol).

So only 4% choose French? Stupid Brazilians.
Harman   Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:01 pm GMT
Evinoria i'm listening brazilian tv and i understand BZ P, the same to read it, i understand you without no portugues education at all, to speak i estimate i will need a lot of tv hours and to write i will have to read a lot of Bz P.

But anyway i think i can learn BZ P by myself, the same as you did with your spanish and so do the rest spanish speakers.

Perhaps sound system will be more complex in portugues than in spanish but you can learn new sounds or use similar spanish ones anyway we will have spanish accent.

If Bz P can learn spanish without education i think viceversa it's possible

What about disgosia? is Bz going to normalize pronoum before verb?
I prefer to use te amo instead amo-te because it's equal in spanish he he he.
Harman   Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:13 pm GMT
Sorry disgosia is wrong, i wanted to write diglossia