The 3 World languages in 2050

Language Expert   Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:36 am GMT
English, Chinese and Spanish.

All experts in languages say that. Experts in languages also predicted the decline of stagnation and sinking of Spanish. That's right too.

1900. Spanish, the 6th most important language

1950, Spanish, the 6th World language, after English, French, Russian, German, and Italian

2000, Spanish is sixth, after English English, French, Russian, German, and Italian

2050, Spanish is 13th, after English, French, Russian, Arabic, German, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, Dutch-Afrikaans, Hindi, Swahili, and probably Bahasa.
peter   Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:38 am GMT
I think Spanish will be extinct by 2050 after Spain is conquered by France and incorporated into the Region of Roussillion.
maybe   Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:17 am GMT
since francophone africa is reproducing at an extremely high rate, wouldn't french also have a large amount of speakers by 2050?
Homme Fatal   Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:07 am GMT
<< since francophone africa is reproducing at an extremely high rate, wouldn't french also have a large amount of speakers by 2050? >>

Francophone Africa had a population of 335 million in 2009.In 2050 their population is forecasted to reach between 684 million and 719 million.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_French
Hombre fatal   Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:40 am GMT
In Francophone Africa, people don't speak French.

On the other hand, I think that it is a problem for French. If some languages like Hausa, Pular, Wolof are spoken by a lot of million they will be proud of their own languages. They won't need to study French. They will study the Global language at school, English
Homme Fatal   Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:00 am GMT
In Hispanic Africa, people don't speak Castilian Spanish.

On the other hand, I think that it is a problem for Spanish. If some languages like Casillas Spanish, Quechua, Aymara, Guarani, Quiche, and Nahuatl are spoken by a lot of million they will be proud of their own languages. They won't need to study Castilian. They will study the Global languages at school, English and French