Is Scotish still spoken in Scotland or just disappeared?

Shuimo   Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:39 pm GMT
Is Scotish still spoken in Scotland or just disappeared?
Guest   Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:32 pm GMT
It is still spoken by some people.
Angus MacBeeph   Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:16 pm GMT
Is this Scots (which resembles English) or Scottish Gaelic (reputedly a language so difficult that it can't be learned by "ordinary methods").
Caspian   Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:24 am GMT
It's not too difficult, it's just different. You just have to approach it from a different direction.

And it's still spoken, yes.
Damian in Edinburgh   Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 pm GMT
The best way for you to find out is to come here to Scotland and find out for yourself....I suggest you bring a phrasebook with you, as you will find that Scotland certainly isn't England in many respects, and that includes linguistics.
Edward Teach   Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:46 pm GMT
Dont do it! I went to scotland. It sucked.
Damian in Edinburgh   Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:51 pm GMT
Please - don't you ever come back here!
carboniferous   Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:50 pm GMT
<<The best way for you to find out is to come here to Scotland and find out for yourself....>>

Unfortunately, international travel, just for the heck of it, is severly frowned upon these days by many, due to the carbon footprint of air travel (global warming and all that).

I wonder if travel by ship is any better, carbonwise?
Caspian   Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:22 pm GMT
I think it is. Also, you can fit more people onto a ship. But heck, planes are quicker.

A recent experiment has been done and it proved that there has been no increase in carbon in the last few years.
pemphoidal   Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:55 am GMT
<<A recent experiment has been done and it proved that there has been no increase in carbon in the last few years. >>

Isn't global warming denial illegal in the UK (or was that the EU)?
Edward Teach   Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:53 am GMT
No. Global warming isnt gay, black or a council estate scumbag and so it is not entitled to any protection from the law.
Caspian   Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:37 am GMT
<< Isn't global warming denial illegal in the UK (or was that the EU)? >>

I think you'll find that we have freedom of speech in the UK. But you're right, it won't be long.