yiddish

chico   Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:29 pm GMT
i was wondering about Yiddish in Europe? i would very much like to know about people who still might use Yiddish in place like Georgia where I'm told there are high concentrations of Jews(Hebrews) whichever the correct term might be.

I'm an American from the south i'll admit. i've never really know a lot of jews but i'm interested in the decline of Yiddish after WWII. Anyone know where I can find some good info. I don't live in an area that is known for a high Jewish population so I'm not sure how I could start.

thanks,

chico
Antimooner K. T.   Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:44 am GMT
Yes, there are Jewish people in Georgia unless they all done made Aliyah. I ran into some even without my special star of David detector.

You may meet some people who speak Ladino.
Antimooner K. T.   Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:47 am GMT
Why do you want to meet Jews, btw? Are you planing to learn Yiddish?

Why don't know how Jewish people are called? I associate Hebrews with the ancient group. Hebrew is the name of the language spoken by Jews (and some others) in Israel.
chico   Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:16 pm GMT
I am just interested to be honest. I realize that most Jews don't believe in Jesus as God and so I was hesitant to put any religious reasons. For the most part I am a seminary student who wants to do some study on Jewish roots of Christianity.

I'm not sure where to start.

chico
trinity= polytheism in di   Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:08 pm GMT
Is Jesus God really or the son of God? I'm son of my father, but I'm not my father.
chico   Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:09 pm GMT
Jesus is God in flesh. I am not a trinitarian. I am a oneness apostolic Pentecostal. in particular i'm a member of the UPCI so you can look it up. but i was not coming on about that.

i would like some info on yiddish.

thanks,

chico