most phonetic Slavic language

^_^   Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:43 pm GMT
I'd like to know which is the most phonetic Slavic language, unfortunately I don't know much about them.
Some hints:
Croatian
Serbian
Czech
Slovene
Bulgarian?
Thanks in advance for your answers
JPT   Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:58 pm GMT
of Latin alphabet using languages I think Czech and Slovak as in standard form they are both about 99.9% phonetic. Don't read cyrilice or much care about the others so no idea.
matko   Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:17 pm GMT
all slavonic languages are more or less phonetic except russian, ukrianian and polish.
ˇ-ˇ   Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:33 pm GMT
yes, 'more or less' matko; the question is 'which is the most?'
matko   Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:38 am GMT
well croatian, slovenian and serbian i'd must say, but still, they all use tone accent, so it's a bit difficult to learn how to pronounce correctly every word and you always sound like a complete stranger.

Czech and slovak are also phonetic, but, i cannot judge them because I'm Croat and for me, it's easy to pronounce all those clusters :)
Quit   Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:56 am GMT
"they all use tone accent, so it's a bit difficult to learn how to pronounce correctly" Matko

Really?? A Croatian friend of mine told me that the pitch accent is dying out in Croatia. It is essentally used in most rural areas of the country and by scholars, but it is often avoided by young people and in big cities. Consequently, why on earth should a foreigner learn it???
Nikitty   Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:16 am GMT
Tonal accents is used in regions that border Bosnia, Serbia and Montenegro, but not in Western and Northern Croatia. You can do just fine ignoring the pitch (no tones but a pitch accent).

The most phonetic Slavic language is Serbian, and Macedonian.
matko   Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:30 pm GMT
corrado, you know it all, so could you do me a favour and shut up!