Ĉu ni devas lerni Esperanto?

Kuriosa   Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:17 pm GMT
Ĉu Esperanto estas lingvo ke ni devas lerni por kapabli paroli kun eksterlandanoj?
poiy   Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:19 pm GMT
Ĉu Esperanto estas lingvo ke ni devas lerni por kapabli paroli kun eksterlandanoj?

What an ugly language! Learn Spanish or Italian instead
Baldewin   Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:23 pm GMT
A language without any history whatsoever. Reviving a real language would be more interesting. My opinion. But common people are judged by as too retarded to be able learn Latin. Too bad.

The name of the language alone doesn't appeal to me, Esperanto, meaning 'hope'. Too cheesy and it will never be popular, even when they force it upon everyone.
People would rather Anglicize than become Esperantophone, or even use it as an international medium of communication.
Baldewin   Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:24 pm GMT
If Europe would become muslim one day, there's at least one advantage I can sum up. Muslims at least aren't against Classical Arabic.
Berlusconi   Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:31 pm GMT
Well, I am a man. So, if I should choose between politically correct (more rights for women than for men) or muslim, I prefer to be muslim, of course.
el esperanto es una mierd   Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:02 pm GMT
No, no quiero aprender esperanto. Preferiría que me la metieran por el culo. Preferiría que hubiera una guerra atómica. Preferiría que mataran a toda mi familia y a todos los niños del mundo. Preferiría que me obligaran a trabajar como esclavo durante toda una eternidad de sufrimiento y dolor. Preferiría que me violaran todos los días con una estaca por el culo. Preferiría vivir el resto de mi vida con una verga metida en la boca, chupando constantemente y sin tregua.
Franco   Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:09 pm GMT
Which language is easier to learn ,Esperanto or Spanish?
Baldewin   Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:15 pm GMT
Esperanto.

By the way, Dutch is a small language with lots of influence for its size. Dutch-speaking people have a very low esteem. Maybe you can make that language the neutral international medium.
Franco   Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:21 pm GMT
How come if the Dutch and Flemish adopt German as their new language?
Caspian   Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:53 pm GMT
It would be nice to revive Latin, wouldn't it?
Baldewin   Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:55 pm GMT
Once the sea level rises we would all be singing 'Deutschland über alles'.

And indeed, why would it be impossible to revive Latin? Just make it a little bit more modern in vocabulary and word order (but keep the cases). It wuld be nice to speak a language of which its history spans through a period of thousands of years.
Renaissance Latin is not so hard compared to Classical Latin anyway.

I wouldn't mind if we Germanics would Latinize this way.
Baldewin   Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:11 pm GMT
Don't get me wrong: if Esperanto will get promoted one day, I will use it. I just have hard times to imagine this language winning the plea against English. I know people tend to like natural languages more.
Caspian   Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:51 pm GMT
What do you mean by 'modern' word order?
Baldewin   Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:04 am GMT
Well, in daily speech there should be a more clear pattern. In poetry there should be freedom. I admit, I'm not at home on the subject of Latin, which wouldn't make me a great promoter.
What it needs to have though, is make the cases serve more the purpose as the replacement for prepositions. The irregularities with some sentences should be ruled out more. That way you cannot claim it's not simple enough because it has cases (people often think you have to be highly intelligent to speak Modern Latin, that's why they come up with Latina sine flectione).

Subtleties will get created once the language evolves further as more begin to speak it as their native tongue.

Modern Latin speakers will have troubles reading Classical Latin without studying it, so to say, but it would still be largely the same language and the language would be truly revived, comparable with Hebrew.
+/- 2000 years ago, Celts and other people started to take over Latin as their new lingua franca, while the Germanics kept speaking their tongues. Now it's time for also the Germanics and others to follow as the new Roman Empire (USE) gets formed.
Baldewin   Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:13 am GMT
Actually Latin is neutral in way. It takes non Romance speakers to latinize and Romance speaker to become more archaic in their language. For both it's a huge change.