Should God smite Robin Michael?

lord's servant   Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:36 pm GMT
If you were God, would you have Robin Michael killed? Or would you have mercy on his poor misguided soul?

In my opinion:

Things favouring having him killed:
1. He is annoying
2. He gives gifts that aren't appreciated
3. He gives gifts that are really intended for himself
4. He has a corrupt partner
5. He doesn't know how to capitalise
6. He doesn't know how to use punctuation
7. He speaks English so badly he resembles a non-native speaker
8. He argues with his dad over the meaning of "minicab"
9. He treats Antimoon as a personal blog
10. He copy pasts boring shit
11. He goes to Tesco too much
12. He thinks people give a shit about him going to Tesco
13. He is stupider than an English teacher
14. He goes to an evening creative writing course, and fails
15. He never learns no matter what you tell him
16. He is the worst troll on this site, much worse than Danny.
17. He is a cunt

Things favouring not having him killed:
1. He may be retarded and hence it's not his fault

So what do you say? I've never been too fond of retarded people anyway so I have to say the first set of points outweigh the second.

Dear Father, who art in heaven, I implore you, take heed...
Antimooner K. T.   Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:50 pm GMT
1. May or may not be a sin.
2. Poor gift-giving. Indicative of poor potential as a metrosexual.
3. This is funny, more than a sin.
4. I don't understand who this "partner" is. I thought he had a wife.
5. and 6. Suggest a book on grammar, perhaps one by Lynne Truss.
7. I've never heard him speak.
8. I agree. He shouldn't be disrespectful to his father.
9. I don't like this, but he isn't the only one who does this. Tom allows it.
10. A matter of opinion.
11. Maybe, but at least he is interacting with others.
12. His stories are hilarious. Maybe they are unintentionally so.
13. Hard to say. Some English teachers are great, some ESL teachers-not so much.
14. Do they give grades?
15. That's true of many people.
16. Disagree. He usually doesn't abuse people. That's in his favour.
17. Ouch for that!

Concerning mentally disabled people "retarded': If there is a God (and I vote for "yes"), then I think we are watched in regard to how we treat people. I make a distinction between mentally disabled people and people who just act foolishly.

Robin Michael may or may not be a troll. The fact that some people respond to his threads shows that some people are interested. I don't like the way he treats Uriel, though, and don't know what the heck that obese American thread was about.
Antimooner K. T.   Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:57 pm GMT
In short, I would have "mercy" on his soul, but it doesn't matter any more than the vote for registration at Antimoon. I guess I vote for freedom of expression. Judgment can come after death!
Poughquag peon   Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:22 am GMT
When discussing obin Michael, or anyone else at this site, I guess we should ask the question: "How much traffic (and hence ad revenue) do they bring to this site, vs the amount of storage space and and bandwidth consumred.?" Could it be that RM is actually one of the more valuable members here?

Someone who posts many short posts is perhaps the most valuable, and someone that posts things long enough to hang the browser or block threads is probably the worst.
Robin Michael   Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:46 am GMT
Hello

I have the book by Lynne Truss, “Eats, Shoots and Leaves", although I have not got round to looking at it. I managed to find a quote earlier that grammar is intrinsically boring. At one time, someone called 'Please' used to ask questions that seemed to come straight from a Grammar Textbook. I appreciate that my capitalisation in the past has been eccentric. I realise that the rule is 'Do not Capitalise' but I am tempted to capitalise for emphasis.

Uriel is one my favourite people on this site. Only at one point have I ever said that anything written by Uriel is annoying. That was when she concentrated on the 'form' or a topic rather than the content. In England and Wales the study of Law is split up into 'Law' and 'Practice', which implies accurately that the practice of law is differently from legal principles. Similarly there is a split between 'English Literature' and 'English Language'. I felt on this one occasion it was an 'English Language' type reply, rather than an English Literature type reply.

As for the 'Obese American'. I am sure that this topic would have received a lot more interest if it had been the 'Fat American'. What I was referring to in the first instance was 'Windows', the operating system which is said to ruin many a good computer. The reason being that it is overweight and buggy. Personally I am a fan of Windows. But I know there is a lot of resentment directed to Windows from the Linux community. Prior to writing that topic I had a long discussion in the public sauna about the merits of cpm and Dr. Dos. I have been meaning to look up 'Digital Research'.

Around the same time there was an interesting article on the front page of the Telegraph which described American officers in Iraq as being like 'Martians'. I thought a better description might be 'Daleks', but most Americans probably do not know what a Dalek is. At the moment a government enquiry into Iraq War is being held. There are some interesting quotes coming out of it.

"Sir Jeremy Greenstock, then Britain’s ambassador to the United Nations, said that it was still unclear if the conflict had breached international law but he said “there was a failure to establish legitimacy” in the eyes of the world."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6934797.ece

"Legal, but of questionable legitimacy"

"In London, an anti-war rally in 2003 drew an estimated 2 million demonstrators — the largest street protest in a generation."

"U.S. was 'hell bent' on Iraq war, U.K. envoy says."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34172972/ns/world_news-europe/
Guest   Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:29 am GMT
We should have mercy on his SOUL, but no mercy on his ASS. I say, whip him.
Robin Michael   Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:39 pm GMT
Sorry, I made a simple typo of one letter, which almost destroyed the meaning of everything that I had written. I typed an 'r' instead of an 'f', and wrote an 'or' instead of an 'of'. I never realised how important transcription was in English. I always thought English contained a lot of redundancy, so that it could survive a very poor signal to noise ratio. We certainly have a lot of noise on the Antimoon Forum. Actually I make typos all the time but normally Mr. Microsoft corrects them for me, effortlessly.

How it should be:

Uriel is one my favourite people on this site. Only at one point have I ever said that anything written by Uriel is annoying. That was when she concentrated on the 'form' of a topic rather than the content. In England and Wales the study of Law is split up into 'Law' and 'Practice', which implies accurately that the practice of law is differently from legal principles. Similarly there is a split between 'English Literature' and 'English Language'. I felt on this one occasion it was an 'English Language' type reply, rather than an English Literature type reply.

From my Poetry topic:

"I suppose I am one of the unhappy bubbles of anal wind, popping"

Is the English teacher an 'old fart'? Yes!

There is a lot of 'anal wind' or noise, on this forum. Another expression is 'sounds off' from the expression - 'sounds off stage'.
Richard   Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:00 pm GMT
I say smite him and his whole family too.
Enraged ESL Teacher   Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:29 pm GMT
Fuck off K.T. you fucking fag.

Why would ESL teachers be worse than any other teachers, you cunt?
Antimooner K. T.   Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:30 pm GMT
Are you joking? I'm certainly not gay. Your language is offensive, but I'll tell you why I wrote what I did. I have known many ESL teachers. Some have degrees. Some are just native or advanced speakers of English. No quality control. One teacher, a bilingual, mocked a student for asking about the present continuous tense. (The teacher didn't know what it meant.)

Another teacher (who goes around giving seminars) hands out materials full of errors in English. Someone gave me her materials to see what I thought of them. I wasn't impressed, but that teacher's method was basically "Don't correct" the student.

Then there is Mrs. "K", a lady with an advanced ESL degree. She is not a native speaker. Two or three of us were having dinner with her one evening and suddenly she started speaking an "English" none of us understood.

I can give you many examples. Don't be so touchy.
Explainer   Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:49 pm GMT
<<Are you joking? I'm certainly not gay.>>

It's not like he actually really thought you were gay... In case you didn't know, "fucking fag" is an insult and can be used on anyone. It is denigrating because it lowers the victim to the miserable level of a fag. It's like saying "you're no better than dirt".
Antimooner K. T.   Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:18 pm GMT
I know it's an insult-but, thanks anyway, Explainer. It's probably from a troll or an ESL teacher-maybe one who posts here. Anyway someone can get another person to use up those ten allowable posts...
Enraged ESL teacher   Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:08 am GMT
"Some have degrees"

Unless the degree is in an education related field then it is not relevant.

Like any other job, experience is the best teacher rather than a degree in a non-relevant area.

Taking into account the pay level of ESL teachers, you cannot expect dedicated and highly qualified people to enter this profession.