What does CAPITALISM mean to you? Do you like it or not?

Guest II   Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:28 pm GMT
"Yr money wasn't spent worthily!
You have eyes and you looked, but you didn't see! Pity thing!"

Please tell us what you would want us too see, and why do you think some parts of China's everyday life aren't worth seeing?

I've been to China, and the only thing I saw outside of major cities was poverty.
Shuimo   Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:45 pm GMT
Guest II Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:25 pm GMT
Shuimo, you seem to have a problem with processing information and replying in a coherent manner. All you did was quoting someone and then answering them with vaunting remarks regarding China's glory. As George Bernard Shaw once said, "patriotism is a pernicious, psychopathic form of idiocy."

"Just remind you: China is rewriting the reputation of communism"

Yeah right! As a Westerner, I see a China that adopted the Western economic models but made little progress toward realizing the most basic and fundamental Western value around which a successful economy is build -- respect for individual human life.

I hope other forumers will see your ignorance and be thankful that they live in countries that uphold basic human rights and treat their citizens not as a collective mass of flesh.
========================

Lol, Shuimo is helping you guys to realize yr mistakes with my targeted quotations , for which you owe me a debt! LOL

Who is Shaw? How many people have heard of him the world over?:-(

Yet Chairman Mao says all reactionary elements are paper tigers!

Those who hate China are people who hate communism!

China has its own wisdom to develop itslef stronger and more powerful!

We won't blindly follow the path of the Western paper tiger!

We have our own value systems and beliefs!

Don't be jealousy of us like that, OK?!
Guest II   Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:58 pm GMT
"We have our own value systems and beliefs! "

There is such a thing as UNIVERSAL human rights, which every self-respecting nation should uphold. China is free to violate them under the excuse of communism, but then it shoudln't expect respect from other nations.

Not knowing George Bernard Shaw is not excusable under any circumstances. If you choose to communicate to English-speaking people using their own language, you should at least attempt to use proper grammar and demonstrate some degree of familiarity with their cultural heritage. Otherwise, how will you understand their positions and have others respect your positions?
K. T.   Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:28 pm GMT
I don't like what I perceive as abuse of human rights under "communism". I don't dislike Chinese people and I certainly like Mandarin and enjoy the Hanzi. I don't have to like Communism.

Maybe Shuimo is just one of the regulars playing the troll.
Guest II   Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:43 pm GMT
Shuimo might very well be one of the alter egos of the same person who posts swastikas or demonstrates an unhealthy obsession with anal sex. Sometimes his usually disjointed English suddenly gets surpisingly better... Whether or not this is the case, it remains a fact that people like him are roaming the English-speaking internet in increasing numbers, spouting ignorance of the very same kind. As this thread has shown, some disillusioned people are in the danger of eating up the trash that malicious trolls feed them, and since this forum lacks moderators that could silence them, it is necessary to point out the lapses in their logic to save additional souls from perdition. :-)
Jasper   Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:58 pm GMT
"Those who hate China are people who hate communism! "

Shuimo, I don't think I can agree with this statement.

My discomfort with China is not based on any hatred for Communism, but rather a dislike for certain features in the culture, viz., no sense of privacy, a deep level of corruption, the complete domination over women, the use of household pets as cuisine, etc.
easterner   Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:20 pm GMT
<<the use of household pets as cuisine, >>

This has to be the most retarded statement I ever hear coming from the mouths of westerners. I often read things like "China is not civilised, when will they stop eating dogs and cats!"

Why should they not eat dogs and cats? That is not prerequisite to be civilised. That is a completely random Western decision to elevate those certain animals over others!

Yes, you have a point about universal HUMAN rights, and all of that. But there are no universal law that says dogs and cats are somehow superior and must be treated as pets!

This is why people are so mistrustful of Western "values", they mix in nonsense with real values, so much that you can't take them seriously. Maybe you should be more careful what you preach to us, and someone might listen to you for once! It reminds me of religion, you can't take them seriously because together with their very good "don't kill" message they also include nonsense like "the earth is 6000 years old".
K. T.   Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:24 pm GMT
"Sometimes his usually disjointed English suddenly gets surpisingly better.."

Lol, true. "His" writing runs the gamut from speaking in the third person singular about himself as if he were a cariacature of a Chinese in the nineteenth century to using advanced words with a decidedly different style.

"As this thread has shown, some disillusioned people are in the danger of eating up the trash that malicious trolls feed them, and since this forum lacks moderators that could silence them, it is necessary to point out the lapses in their logic to save additional souls from perdition. :-)"

Do I know you? Aie! You put it more politely than I would.
K. T.   Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:29 pm GMT
Chinese people don't need to eat dogs and cats. Koreans and Vietnamese also eat dogs. They aren't very kind in the way they prepare them. I'm against cruelty to animals, but I'm not a veggie-only eater. These kind of practices make westerners think that Chinese, Koreans and Vietnamese are not exactly civilized. This may sound like ethnocentrism, but I'm not against these groups because of their ethnic background. I know a Korean who claims that Koreans do not eat cats, but I have read plenty to the contrary.

I know that people have eaten animals when they were starving. I don't see this in the same way. I don't think that they were cruel to the animal before killing it. I also think vivisection is wrong.
easterner   Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:59 pm GMT
<<Chinese people don't need to eat dogs and cats.>>

Western people don't need to eat pigs, cows or chickens...

We eat dogs and cats as they are tasty.

We will stop eating them if you stop eating pigs.

Pigs are just as intelligent as dogs, by the way...

<<They aren't very kind in the way they prepare them.>>

Have you seen those western chicken farms? Where there are 50 chickens stuffed into a one metre cage?

Just when I was beginning to believe the Western human rights crusade, their incredible hypocrisy rears its ugly head again!
Jasper   Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:18 pm GMT
"This has to be the most retarded statement I ever hear coming from the mouths of westerners. I often read things like "China is not civilised, when will they stop eating dogs and cats!"

Why should they not eat dogs and cats? That is not prerequisite to be civilised. That is a completely random Western decision to elevate those certain animals over others!"

Dogs and cats are sacred.

I can help you understand by using an analogy:
How would you feel if you found an American eating panda bear meat?

It's the same thing.
K. T.   Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:46 pm GMT
Hi Easterner!

I don't eat pork. I try to eat free range chickens.
easterner   Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:46 pm GMT
<<Dogs and cats are sacred.

I can help you understand by using an analogy:
How would you feel if you found an American eating panda bear meat?

It's the same thing. >>

Sacred for you. Not for us. Why should we accommodate our culinary habits to what is sacred for you?

Cows are sacred in India. Please accommodate your culinary habits immediately!

And feel free to go eat some panda bears! Take them out of your zoos, breed them up for eating! It's your prerogative what you do IN AMERICA! But it's irrelevant anyway, as if you bleeding heart Westerners would ever eat a panda! Hahaha!
Jasper   Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:22 am GMT
"as if you bleeding heart Westerners would ever eat a panda!"

I could never imagine a situation where an American would eat a panda bear.
Damian in Edinburgh   Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:29 am GMT
Similarly, I could never imagine a panda bear eating an American, either - a very healthy and amicable arrangement all round! I'd hesitate a wee bit before hugging one though, just to be on the safe side.....a panda bear I mean. I think I could safely hug an American if and when a suitable occasion ever presented itself...they don't bite or sting or anything, do they? Americans I mean.......