What time does the school start and end in the US and UK?

Susanne (again=))   Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:58 pm GMT
And I have another question. Are there any semester holidays in USA? When do they start? Thanks again.
Jessyca   Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:19 pm GMT
"And I have another question. Are there any semester holidays in USA? When do they start? Thanks again."

LOL, what kind of holidays? We have day-length ones (Veteran's day, Labor Day, etc) where we only are off a single day, we have week-long holidays (mid-winter break, spring-break, winter-break), which can last anywhere from four days to two weeks. And we have, of course, summer break, which is typically about three months long.

"When do they start?"

Every school is different--some schools are even year-round, where their breaks are spit up into the schoolyear.

Summer breaks can differ also. I've been to schools which start in August and end in May, and I've also been to schools which have started in Semptember and ended in June.
Jessyca   Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:21 pm GMT
spit=split
Semptember=September

Damn my typos....
christina   Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:59 pm GMT
here in the uk primary schools which are for ages 3-11 start at 9 till about 315 and highschool which is age 11-16 starts at 9- around 335pm
6thform collage 16-18 usually schooled the same times as highschools.
Uriel   Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:33 am GMT
I remember the lower grades starting around 8 and high school starting around 7. (Shudder!)