presentation

honey   Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:34 am GMT
Hi Everybody,
I have to make a technical presentation about my thesis.
In fact, I have presented about that topic several times.
Here are the sentences I always use whenever I start my presentation.

Good morning everybody.
Firstly let me introduce myself. My name is *******.
Today I would like to present my presentation.
The title is “********”

Whenever I have to give presentation, I always use those sentences as an introduction. However, this time is different with former presentations. This time, they will check my speaking and listening skill. So every sentenceI said have to be correct and I would like to make good impression with nice and attractive sentences.
Please give me suggestion how to say that part.

And I have another question. Whenever I present about my thesis, I use the words “The proposed system” and “the proposed approach”.
For example, I always say like that “ I will present the objective and motivation of my proposed system”.
But now I have got my master degree. Can I still call that system as a proposed system. If not, which word should I use?

The third question is which word can I use instead of “To be clearer”?
“To be clearer, let me show an example.”

Please help me. Any suggestion and idea are welcome.
Thanks in advance.
Honey
Guest   Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:47 am GMT
Good morning everybody.
First, let me introduce myself. My name is *******.
Today I would like to give my presentation, “********”.

I changed "firstly" to "first", changed "present" to "give" since "present my presentation" is repetitive, and I don't feel that you need to explicitly say "the title is" since the audience should be able to figure that out for themselves.

I'm not sure about the "proposed system" part. You could just leave off "proposed" if it has been accepted.

You can say "to make things clearer" instead of "to be clearer", if you want.
Uriel   Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:36 pm GMT
If your system is no longer in the proposal stage, you can say "the system I am using" or the "system I have developed" or "the system being employed" or something along those lines.
St. Louisan   Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:17 pm GMT
How about:

"Good morning, everybody.
My name is *******, and I would like to speak to you about *******."

This sounds a little less stilted. If you need to use the title of your presentation, then I agree with Guest's wording above.

In answer to the third part of your question, you could say "To clarify" instead of using the word "clearer." However, since all examples are designed to clarify, that would be redundant. I would simply say, "Here is an example" or "An example of this..." and continue.
honey   Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:14 am GMT
Hi!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much to all who gave answers to my questions.
My presentation has been sucefully finished.

Before the exam, I was dying to show you my essays and request you to correct mistakes if you find any grammar errors and wrong usages.
Unfortunately I got no chance and time to use the Internet.

And I was considering one thing at that time.
If I show my essays and request you all to correct my mistakes, many people can see my essays and can copy my ideas.
I know that this forum is to share our knowledge and to help each other.
But if a person who will take the same exam I will take copy my essays, there can be a problem.
So what should I do if I want to show you my essays for the exams?

Thanks again.