Please can you bewisen me

Qwaggmireland   Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:29 pm GMT
Bewisen: to become wise or to to make someone wiser. "going to school is bewising (educating)

Is bewisen in English coz it seems so au naturalle. Wise wiched between English affixes be- and -en.
Skaneateles Scott   Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:05 pm GMT
Is "bewising" better than just plain "learning"?
Leasnam   Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:37 pm GMT
"bewisen" --I LIKE IT

However, I would just brook 'bewise' = "advise, instruct"

'wisen' would = "to make wise, wisen up"

Good going!
Qwaggmireland   Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:46 pm GMT
Skaneateles Scott Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:05 pm GMT
Is "bewising" better than just plain "learning"?

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Yes. I am probably the most unschooled, word unaware (illiterate) poster on here - that even I can tell that "going to school is bewising" is better than saying "going to school is learning" already sets out 'bewisen' and 'bewising's higher swaggerness.
Qwaggmireland   Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:57 pm GMT
Leasnam Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:37 pm GMT
"bewisen" --I LIKE IT

However, I would just brook 'bewise' = "advise, instruct"

'wisen' would = "to make wise, wisen up"

Good going!

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Thanks for the encouragement. Bewisen, wisen etc could drop effortlessly into everyday speach. Folk wouldn't bat an eye lid if they heard them in a LOTR or Harry Potter film or read them in most books. Sound like they have been in use for ever.
Qwaggmireland   Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:05 pm GMT
PS what for the word 'wiched' who's meaning is drawn from 'sandwich'

Wiched: as in to be between or sandwiched between.

Wichen: the hill wichen towns of South Wales. Any good?
Leasnam   Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:08 pm GMT
anytime.

You should add that to the list of new words in Wikipedia. I know that would be greatly appreciated.

Add them here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglish#New_words

If you don't, I will.
Qwaggmireland   Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:12 pm GMT
Lots of snack foods consist of wichening/wiching mostly meats and cheeses with bread. Or should it be, wichening/wiching meat stuffs and bread stuffs.

Fruit is hardly ever found wichen with/in bread.

I have never ever seen boiled sweets wichen bread.

We found the boothy wichen two grassen knolls.
zhuk   Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:14 pm GMT
You guys suck. You're still using words like probably and appreciated...
Qwaggmireland   Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:15 pm GMT
U do it, im wiki-illiterate at the mo.
Leasnam   Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:21 pm GMT
<<U do it, im wiki-illiterate at the mo. >>

Done.

Take a look.

*bewise, bewisen
*bewising
and
*wisen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglish#New_words
steak 'n' chips   Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:48 pm GMT
I like "bewisen", it comes across natural and sounds as if it could be an archaic English word that's fallen out of use :).

Your post reminded me of my partner, who often makes up words that sound right when she can't put her finger on the official word. The one that springs to mind is "lawable" in place of "legal". Anyway, that's by the by, I'm not here to divert the topic from your wordsmithing.

I struggled a bit with "wich" though, it was hard to glue the concept into my mind of something being the subject placing itself between things. It's a bit odd that "wich" is really the end of a proper name, the origin of the sandwich. But does that matter? I don't know, I'm not sure why it should make any difference. It's a very English sounding name.
Truth   Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:52 am GMT
Oh, niggers invented peanut butter!

Peanut butter?!? Are you freaking kidding me?!? In the last century alone, WHITE MEN have decoded DNA, traversed the surface of the moon, cured polio, discovered penicillin, and invented the super computer. And that's just the condensed list. The best that a nigger can offer as a rebuttal for their glorious contributions to mankind is some mashed up nut paste? I would be ashamed, literally ashamed, to admit that. Thank you for proving our point for us.
Damian in Edinburgh   Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:46 am GMT
***WHITE MEN have....discovered penicillin...***

Well, just one white man in actual fact.....a Scotsman by the name of Alexander Fleming, while working down in London in 1929.

His skin colour was totally irrelevant though.

*** you freaking kidding me?!?*** That is such an American expression, delivered with more than just a hint of racism it seems.

NB: This piece of information has been copy/pasted from my very own mine of information concealed within my cranium.