Learn Hindi or not for India?

ROM   Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:10 pm GMT
<< I wouldn't put it as negative feelings, but say that they're more fluent in English than Hindi. Keep in mind that not everyone in India has Hindi as their mother tongue. South Indians especially are more fluent in English, than in Hindi. >>

It's a very stupid comment.

Bengali, Marathi, Gujarati, Oriyan, and other speakers of Indo-Iranian language family are more fluent in Hindi than English it's because Hindi belongs to that language family. It's just a common sense because it would be alot easier for them to master Hindi since it's so similar to their languages and they hear it more often than English because of Hollywood films and it is the national and official language of India while English is just an associate official language just to pacify the Tamil speakers.

If you say that Tamil, Telugu, Keralan, and Kannadan speakers are more fluent in English, that would be acceptable since those four languages belong to Dravidian family of languages having no affiliation with Indo-Iranian languages.
CD   Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:15 pm GMT
<<
It's a very stupid comment.

Bengali, Marathi, Gujarati, Oriyan, and other speakers of Indo-Iranian language family are more fluent in Hindi than English it's because Hindi belongs to that language family. It's just a common sense because it would be alot easier for them to master Hindi since it's so similar to their languages and they hear it more often than English because of Hollywood films and it is the national and official language of India while English is just an associate official language just to pacify the Tamil speakers.

If you say that Tamil, Telugu, Keralan, and Kannadan speakers are more fluent in English, that would be acceptable since those four languages belong to Dravidian family of languages having no affiliation with Indo-Iranian languages. >>

You are ignorant.

I specifically mentioned that south Indians -whose languages belong the Dravidian family- are more fluent in English. And Hindi is not the language. It's one of the official languages, India has no national language.
CD   Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:18 pm GMT
Shoot, typo!

And Hindi is not the *national* language
ROM   Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:26 am GMT
<< I specifically mentioned that south Indians -whose languages belong the Dravidian family- are more fluent in English. And Hindi is not the language. It's one of the official languages, India has no national language.

Shoot, typo!

And Hindi is not the *national* language >>

You're the one who's ignorant.

Hindi is the National and official language of India. Other vernacular languages have official status too but only in the states where they're spoken. Hindi is official nationwide.
Pendrive   Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:36 am GMT
What's the difference? Indian English sounds more like Hindi than English to me.
CD   Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:11 pm GMT
<<
You're the one who's ignorant.

Hindi is the National and official language of India. Other vernacular languages have official status too but only in the states where they're spoken. Hindi is official nationwide. >>

I advise you to do some reading before you comment next time.

http://www.indiastudychannel.com/forum/14208-Hindi-NOT-National-language-India.aspx

"hindi in devnagari script and english are official languages of india"