english and sexism

I suggest counselling   Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:11 pm GMT
Damian is obviously suffering some kind of post-traumatic disorder after his friend killed himself. Understandable, most likely. But you should get some help. It's not good to be all bitter like that. Your rage against females because of a few bad apples is ridiculous, as if there are no base males capable of destroying people's lives out of spite. LOL!
Sprake   Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:19 pm GMT
Damian, misrepresenting one person's account of another person's experience is not "perverting the course of justice". (Look it up.)

As for your statement that "to falsely claim rape...amounted to a form of rape in itself", no, it didn't, except in some weird histrionic universe of tabloid thinking: it amounted to "a false claim of rape".

I also have to call you on:

<Even the derogatorily mocking title "Harperson" attributed to this woman by the majority of the British public">

No, the majority of the British public do not call her "Harperson". That's just a bit of journo-speak. If they know who she is, they call her Harriet Harman. That's all.
Uriel   Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:12 am GMT
I believe Wintereis is a he, Damian.
Damian in Edinburgh   Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:22 am GMT
Whatever gender Wintereis may be I apologise for any confusion on my part......somehow I'm not too sure about the authenticity of the last posting.....but then again I remember the occasions when I spelled my own name incorrectly so whatever......

***No, the majority of the British public do not call her "Harperson". That's just a bit of journo-speak. If they know who she is, they call her Harriet Harman***

Alright then, have it your own way but to me and many others this thorn in the male flesh of this benighted sceptered isle is definitely Harperson, a title she has forced us to bestow upon her because of her outrageously ridiculous pronouncements and proposals which to most of us beggars belief sometimes. Many actually doubt her sanity when we are confronted with her constant hypocrisy and double standards doublespeak but there you go....and so she will go too before the summer hopefully...repeat, hopefully.....dispels this horrid winter chill once and for all.

Harperson only got to her present high ranking position because of the Labour Party's warped commitment to crazy "positive discrimination", therefore debarring actual abilty and skill of the truly qualified and suitable.

There is no greater enthusiast for true equality between the two genders in every field of activity, and in every sense of the word with fairness and equity all round, with equal responsibilty and accountability in all directions, but to many so called proponents for such an ideal that would be carrying "equality" just a wee bit too far.....having cake and eating it at the same time is often considered to be the best option for some but not others.

Now that really IS my last word in this thread....and I mean it. Over and out....back to base camp.

Anyway, this is what the students of Britain think of Harperson - as they call her, too:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=984920
Sprake   Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 pm GMT
<Anyway, this is what the students of Britain think of Harperson - as they call her, too >

It's what about 10 students think, some of whom call her Harperson.