Concerning accent

Anglais   Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:37 pm GMT
I was just watching Bringing up Baby, and really like the accent Katharine Hepburn uses at 5:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yvzACpI8Wc

please could someone tell me whether this accent really existed (I know this is not KH's real accent), it is really quite HAWT (hot - I do know how to spell) in a real aggressive sort of way.
Anglais   Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:16 pm GMT
Can I please get a response.

Is the above indicative of an accent no matter how exaggerated, I have a hard time believing it was just conjured out of thin air.
Anglais   Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:42 pm GMT
Okay you fucking shitheads dont answer then. Fuck you all.
-o-o-   Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:53 pm GMT
it sounds kinda new york-ish to me
Quintus   Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:06 pm GMT
It's a good thing you brought this forward by asking again, Anglais, because it was lost in the mix. It's a bad thing you were so snappish when you had to wait.

Hepburn came from an upper-class Connecticut family. Her accent is posh Yankee, in the traditional sense of that word ~ a New Englander. (A much older sense of "Yankee" is New York Dutch colonial, but no matter.)

To top this off, she would have taken diction lessons at Bryn Mawr College, a finishing school for girls in Pennsylvania.

Much of the American moviegoing public actually disliked her accent and her "fancy way o' talkin'".