Hindi

?   Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:44 pm GMT
Is Hindi difficult to learn?
-   Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:08 am GMT
No, and it is also perfectly phonetic.
truth   Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:15 am GMT
But even if it were easy to learn, no one would learn it, because no matter how easy it is, it's still a waste of time and not worth the paper it's printed on, or the mouth it's spoken by (which is worth even less than the paper, by the way).
-   Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:35 am GMT
Pardon the pun, but truth's message isn't worth the virtual space it dirties, nor the keyboard it's typed on(which, by truth's own logic, is worth less).
?   Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:05 pm GMT
I am serious guys, I wanna go for Hindi. To my ears it sounds really cool. Is it not so difficult and completally phonetic, truth??
?   Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:35 pm GMT
Answer me !!!
Chase   Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:11 pm GMT
Calm down.

Are you ready to memorise a whole new script? Are you used to a different sentence order than your own languages where the verb comes at the end of the sentence?

Those would be the toughest things for me. Maybe not for you but if you really enjoy the language why not go for it? If you love it then that makes the experience 10x's easier. :-)
dd   Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:01 pm GMT
is hindi really useful in India? I know its used in the Hindi Belt, but what about Mumbai, Banaglore, etc...

For example, do you hear more Marathi on the streets of Mumbai than Hindi? I know the southerners don't speak hindi.
?   Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:49 pm GMT
In German the verb comes at the end of sentence, too. So its not the probleme for me. Also, ich sehe hier kein Problem...
-   Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:53 pm GMT
Most South Indians use their native tongues instead of Hindi. For example, Marathi in Mumbai, and Kannada in Bengaluru/Bangalore.
?   Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:40 pm GMT
I dont give a shit what South Indians use! Did I told I want to go to South India??????

Dont fuck up my topic !
?   Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:43 pm GMT
I'm ready to memorise a whole new script! Why not? I could be a fun!
- to ?   Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:57 pm GMT
Sorry! :(
Steak 'n' Chips   Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:28 pm GMT
You could always get Urdu for free, since it's very close to Hindi, by simply memorising two new scripts :-).
Baldewin   Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:35 pm GMT
Remembering scripts is not such a big achievement. It takes a while for your eyes to get used to them I guess. I can read several scripts, but I cannot speak a language using non-Latin script.