Que veut dire "un ticket de metro"???

what's in a name   Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:08 pm GMT
I'm in Paris right now, and yesterday, while sitting at a cafe, a guy sat at my table because it was really crowded. We had some small talk, and then he asked me whether I have "un ticket de metro." I said yes, and he asked me whether he could see it. I thought it was a strange request, but I decided to show him my ticket anyway. When I took it out, he just started to laugh hysterically and said never mind. What was this all about? Did I confuse something and came off as a total fool? Or what..?
what's in a name   Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:12 pm GMT
Sorry for posting this in English, I would do it in French, but it would take me much longer...
nyok   Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:37 pm GMT
Perhaps he asked about Metro (supermarket)?
Franco   Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:41 pm GMT
He was high.
PARISIAN   Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:54 pm GMT
Peut-être quelqu'un était en train de discrètement te filmer avec son iPhone, juste pour mettre sur Youtube une rare expression faciale de désarroi perplexe mêlée de totale incompréhension.

<< He was high. >>

-- Hypothèse valable.
sale pute   Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:06 pm GMT
You know what I asked my boyfriend?

Qu'est-ce que tu preferes: tout epile, ticket de metro, ou foret vierge?

I hope you got it ... :)
Baldewin   Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm GMT
You French love to speak in code language.
iGuest   Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:13 pm GMT
Baldewin, I thought you were French?!
PARISIAN   Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:20 pm GMT
<< Qu'est-ce que tu preferes: tout epile, ticket de metro, ou foret vierge?
I hope you got it ... :)
>>

-- Je n'avais pas pensé à ça !

C'est évidemment la bonne solution.

It's a matter of pubic hair removal: fully epilated, old-growth forest, or the in-between solution called "ticket de métro"!

<< Baldewin, I thought you were French?! >>

-- Baldewin has a good command of various languages but is a Flemish Belgian, or a Belgian Flemish.
Baldewin   Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:20 pm GMT
À vrai dire, je suis Français déguisé comme un Flamand d'Anvers. Vous m'avez démasqué, j'admets tous.
Baldewin   Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:24 pm GMT
Ticket de métro is something we didn't learn at school and which my dictionary doesn't mention, in that sense. ;-)
.   Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:27 pm GMT
Well no wonder, we all know that Flanders is much richer so all the French try to get there.
Free Elsass Lothringen   Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:53 pm GMT
Baldewin is a self-hating Frenchified Flemming, he has to speak French or the the Francophones will label him a fascist.

I am not sure about Baldewin's vibe, he is either one of those timid Flemmy house-honkies who let the Francophones take the piss or a Frenchi troll. Anyway, he sucks off Parisien alot.

PS is Parisian ment to be the Parisien?
Yours truly   Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:07 pm GMT
This is so strange! When you visit Flanders (or Netherlands), you think them to be the most peaceful, progressive and tolerant people on Earth, but every time I go to language forums (a few besides this one), the Dutch-speaking lot is the most arrogant, small-minded and quarrelsome of all! Il faut se méfier de l'eau qui dort!
Baldewin   Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:14 pm GMT
Which forums do you visit may I ask? I remember one language forum for instance, where a British and an American is convinced that Dutch from the Netherlands and that of Flanders are actually different language, with Dutch and Flemish disagreeing. Whole the time the Dutch/Flemish remain calm, but the Anglo-Saxons fanatically insist we speak two different languages.