Etruscan : where does come their language ?

Kwench   Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:57 pm GMT
I don't remember to have already seen this subject here. Noneless, this is one of the greatest mysteries of the european linguistic. Does it come from indo-europeans ? I think that all the comparisons say no. Does it come from precedent peoples or some unknown invaders ? Is there a link with basque or other languages ?
Pete from Peru   Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:30 pm GMT
No link or relation of any kind to any other language spoken in Europe, but possibly distantly related to Indo-European languages. Possibly related to the Anatolian branch, according to wikipedia

However the knowledge about this language is incomplete, no solid evidence have been found to help us understand and classify it.

Regards
La Hostia   Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:33 am GMT
The ancients (like Herodotus and the like) said that these people had come from the Aegean. Suffice it to say, Anatolia is partly in the Aegean, so I would not doubt if they had arrived from there. Or maybe, just maybe...they were a Phoenician colony.
minstrel   Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:51 pm GMT
>> Kwench Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:57 pm GMT
Does it come from precedent peoples or some unknown invaders ? Is there a link with basque or other languages ?

Etruscan that is mean "sons of the Judge in charge of eastern territories of the world" in Chinchewese (Peh-oe-ji: Choan-chiu-oe; a vernacular of Hokkienese). Etruscan was ancient invaders from the territories of sunrise.
marmotta   Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:08 pm GMT
a
Thor   Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:08 pm GMT
I think it is just a neolithic language, like many before the "indo-european" invasions : basque-iber, ligurian, maybe picts (?), and maybe afro-asiatic languages (i read it somewhere)...
minstrel   Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:58 pm GMT
> Thor Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:08 pm GMT
I think it is just a neolithic language,

Yes, Etruscan is a neolithic language. Some Latin culture such as private house building may be copy from Etruscan.
minstrel   Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:54 pm GMT
Etruscan: PURØ-/PURT- (connected to political power)
Chuvash: PURT? (battle axe)
Magyar: BALTA
Latin: BALTEUS(sword belt)
Hokkienese: POU-THAU(peh-oe-ji; axe)
Willow   Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:10 pm GMT
"Etruscan : where does come their language ?"

It is a mixed kanak-hungrian language.
€ß©ø¶πµ&#874   Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:13 pm GMT
Like everywhere else, either out their ass or mouthses.
minstrel   Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:24 am GMT
marmotta,

Icelandic - Old Norse calendar:
Gormánuður (means mid October to mid November; "slaughter month" or "Gór's month")

Anglo-Saxon calendar:
Blōtmōnaþ (means November; "Blót's month" or "slaughter month")

Anglo-Saxon / Hokkienese (peh-oe-ji):
blōt / pou or pou-thau (pronounce as bou or bou-tau, means axe.)

Old Norse / Hokkienese (peh-oe-ji):
gór / kou (pronounce as gor, means young male animals.)

When we compare Old Norse, Anglo-Saxon and Hokkienese that tell us the ancient people would slaughter the young male animals in the months from mid October to mid November and using the axe to slaughter. That time may be a hunting society.