Countries that are qualified to join the Hispanic summits

zxc   Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:10 am GMT
The Hispanic or Latin American summits have represented by 25 countries:

3 from Europe: Spain, Portugal and Andorra

10 from South America: Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay and Chile

6 from Central America: Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras

3 from Caribbean area: Puerto Rico, Cuba and Rep, Dominicana

1 from North America: Mexico

1 from Asia: Philippines

1 from Africa: Equatorial Guinea

Countries that want to be in the summits because they were in the Spanish crown (they will be probably in the next summit): Italy, Belgium, Morocco, Belize, Haiti and Timor.

Other countries that can be in the Hispanic summits because they were in the Spanish crown or Portuguese Empire, totally or partially (some provinces or States):

United States, France, Aruba, Bahamas, Cayman, Malvinas, Turks and Caikos, Trinidad and Tobago, Marshall islands, Guam, Marianas, Western Sahara, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Taiwan, Malaysia, Palau, Micronesia, Indonesia, Algeria, Tunisia, Malta, Greece, Japan, Sri Lanka, China, India, Mozambique, Angola, Guinea Bissau, Sao Tome, Cabo Verde and Macao.
zxc   Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:33 am GMT
Also Canada, Gibraltar, Jamaica, Grenada, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Antigua and Barbuda, Santa Lucia, Barbados, Dominica, Kampuchea, Maldivas, Bahrein, Oman, Ghana, Ethiopia, Tanzania, etc...
Invitado   Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:09 am GMT
Yes, some 80 countries can be in the Hispanic summits because but I don't know if this is useful for Spanish language.

For example, if Italy joins the Hispanic summits, there will be two Italian diplomats in the summits speaking Spanish.

Even it is possible that Berlusconi can say two phrases in Spanish when he will be in the summits, but all the country won't study Spanish.
Harman   Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:01 am GMT
Why Canada?

I thought nor Spain or Portugal were there sometime.
Harmon   Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:04 am GMT
The Philippines used to be a member of Hispanidad but now no longer. Instead it expressed it's intention in joining Comunidade dos Países de Língua Portuguesa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_of_Portuguese_Language_Countries
Fernando Hoyez   Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:19 am GMT
Guam

and about half of

Southern France
Whiteman v Spaniard   Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:23 am GMT
La Livia enclave
Le Reynard   Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:52 am GMT
This list is very biased and false.

Spaiards people don't know how to promote their language.

OTOH, Francophones can say that a lot of countries WANT to be in the Francophonie summits like Spain, Puerto Rico, Peru, Paraguay, Timor, Panama, etc.

Even United States will be probably in the Hispanic summits in the near future.

BTW, United States, Australia, China, India, Japan, France, Indonesia, Taiwan and other 80 countries can be in these summits because some provinces or States of these countries were in the French empire or the Portuguese Empire.

Some of them will be in the next summits with Brazil, Mexico, Spain, Portugal, Philippines, Argentina, Colombia, Venezuela, Chile, etc.

I think that this is a better list.
Guest69   Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:13 am GMT
Hey, why are Brasil and Portugal in this list?
Could someone explain to me?
Franco   Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:16 am GMT
Brazil is not qualified, Brazil is member in all Iberoamerican summits. I don't know about Portugal, I have to check it but I would not be worried as Portugal is much less important.
Visitor   Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:21 am GMT
<< Hey, why are Brasil and Portugal in this list?
Could someone explain to me? >>

The Hispanic fanatics are dreaming that Portuguese speaking world is part of Hispanic world.
Penetra   Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:45 am GMT
<< Hey, why are Brasil and Portugal in this list?
Could someone explain to me? >>

Amiguinhos ignorantes de geopolítica internacional, senão de tudo à sua volta, o Brasil e Portugal *sempre* fizeram parte das Cúpulas Ibero-Americanas, que é ao que, suponho, o autor original estava se referindo originalmente. Abaixem sua borduna.
Spanish   Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:34 am GMT
Spanish is spoken in Brazil, but only in amazons.
€   Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:35 am GMT
Penetra or Guest,

You are very nervous about your language. Spanish will have the same importance as Tamil in the near future. It will be only a strong regional language.

I say that because it is the REALITY, not to fight just enter the scene like a child all day about which language is more important. All people (including all experts about languages) think the same.

It is IMPOSSIBLE that your language will be in the top five this century due to several demographic, economic and political factors.

There will be a lot of languages more important than Spanish. Not only Telugu, Wu and Miao, but Hottentot, Hiri Motu and probably Sranan Tongo and Tok Pisin. Fang, Bubi and Chuang will have a similar importance to your language.

So, you already have lots of enemies already if you don't stop bashing other languages and use different names including the names of others like Baldwin: Francophones, Chinese, Arabics, Anglos, Brazilians, Indians, Germans, Japanese and Russians.

Tamils are happy and they don't have an important language.
French   Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:55 am GMT
France has joined the Spanish summits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibero-American_Summit