I LOVE French!

Swedish   Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:10 am GMT
I LOVE LOVE LOVE French language, France, Quebec and its culture.
I really wish wish wish I spoke French! I never been to French country, but I still LOVE the country, the culture and language.
I hope one day I learn and speak French!

VIVE LE FRANCAIS!!!
Rigel   Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:25 am GMT
I DON'T!
Potential demotivator.   Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:21 am GMT
Quebec and French culture aren't really anything a like, just because you like ones culture doesn't neccessarily mean you'll like the other. The difference between France and Quebec is probably greater than that of UK and US, both culturally and linguistically.

I'd go as far to say the difference culturally and linguistically is that of Portugal and Brazil.
FF   Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:20 pm GMT
Strange you only like France and Qubec? More than half of French speakers live in Africa. Hope you go and visit their too. Maybe you can go and see the great African churches, monuments and infrastructure all built by the great Africans of course.
SS   Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:14 am GMT
<< Quebec and French culture aren't really anything a like, just because you like ones culture doesn't neccessarily mean you'll like the other. The difference between France and Quebec is probably greater than that of UK and US, both culturally and linguistically. >>

Wrong! Americans are no longer considered British in culture. You can see it in the way they move, dressing, and speaking.

Quebec on the other hand are proud to be called French because it's their heritage. The differences between metropolitan French and Canadian French are narrower than between American and Brit English. The former's differences are getting narrower while that of the latter's are getting wider.

Watch the "American Idol" and you'll always hear the contestant say that they CANNOT understand what Simon Cowell is saying and Simon would reply back "Same here".

While Americans would normally say "horrible" Simon Cowell and other Brits would use "horrific" instead which I never heard before.
SS   Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:02 pm GMT
<< Quebec and French culture aren't really anything a like, just because you like ones culture doesn't neccessarily mean you'll like the other. The difference between France and Quebec is probably greater than that of UK and US, both culturally and linguistically. >>

Wrong! Americans are no longer considered British in culture. You can see it in the way they move, dressing, and speaking.

Quebec on the other hand are proud to be called French because it's their heritage. The differences between metropolitan French and Canadian French are narrower than between American and Brit English. The former's differences are getting narrower while that of the latter's are getting wider.

Watch the "American Idol" and you'll always hear the contestant say that they CANNOT understand what Simon Cowell is saying and Simon would reply back "Same here".

While Americans would normally say "horrible" Simon Cowell and other Brits would use "horrific" instead which I never heard before.
d   Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:41 am GMT
Simon CoJEWell
Franco   Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:33 am GMT
I love Simon's penis.