Jonah Lomu Studies Many Languages

William   Fri May 07, 2010 2:49 am GMT
Jonah Lomu, a New Zealander, and arguably the greatest full contact football player of all time (to date) is now studying many languages. See, the extract from a press release below:

" 'I've got a few languages that I've got to learn in the next couple of months ... French, Spanish, Mandarin, Japanese and Russian, I'm taking all those at once,' Jonah Lomu told NZPA.

The French and Spanish classes are under way, and soon he'll be starting on Ni Hao, Konnichi Wa and Privet, too. "

Jonah Lomu became internationaly famous by playing Rugby Union football. According to the International Rugby Board, Rugby Union is played in over 100 countries spanning six continents, by men and women. At the Olympics, the USA is the most recent Olympic gold medalist (1924 Paris Olympics). Rugby Union is due for inclusion in the 2016 and 2020 Olympics. The Rugby Union World Cup is held every 4 years, most recently in France. The next World Cup will be held in New Zealand.

Incidently for fans of American football (I am one of them), US Rugby Union teams often include American football players or players who have played a lot of American football.
Pedrito   Fri May 07, 2010 3:39 am GMT
Ana Ivanovic le mete la verga a Jonah Lomu en la vagina al grito de "ARRIBA."
Matematik   Fri May 07, 2010 3:42 am GMT
What does he actually mean by study? Grammatically study the languages he lists so he can actually use them, or learn a few phrases in each language?
Jonah Lomu   Fri May 07, 2010 4:28 am GMT
And more importantly, who gives a fuck?
Me   Fri May 07, 2010 4:40 am GMT
I have never heard of anyone who has "to learn" five languages in a couple of months (except perhaps a green beret or the equivalent in another country). Maybe he just means greetings. It's possible to learn eight minutes or so of small talk in a short period of time.
Bitch Monster   Fri May 07, 2010 4:46 am GMT
He just needs to learn enough to exchange pleasantries with dignitaries from various nations and to appear in a few commercials publicising the RWC.
Trent   Mon May 10, 2010 4:12 am GMT
Are there any updates on his progress?
Poligloto   Mon May 10, 2010 4:24 am GMT
That's a lot of crap
Franco   Wed May 12, 2010 10:37 pm GMT
This man is a homosexual.