How does this sound?

Sound   Fri May 14, 2010 10:12 am GMT
How does this sound?
"...You’re supposed to sit tight with your hands either resting on the steering wheel or elsewhere clearly visible."
Beached Whale   Fri May 14, 2010 10:26 pm GMT
I'd move "elsewhere" to the end of the sentence.
something wonderful   Sat May 15, 2010 12:58 pm GMT
"You're supposed to sit tight with your hands either resting on the steering wheel, or somewhere else where they're clearly visible."

"elsewhere clearly visible" doesn't sound right and i'm positive "clearly visible elsewhere" in that sentence is incorrect.
Damian in Cardiff   Sat May 15, 2010 2:40 pm GMT
Well, how does THIS sound then.....what amazing company all these Welsh rugby lads are....but while they are all watching English teams playing in the Football League Cup Final down at Wembley (London) I look forward to a good night out with them tonight here in the capital city of Wales......Cardiff, or as the Welsh call it...Caerdydd.

It's enough for me to learn the Welsh words of the famous Welsh Rugby song (or is it hymn?)...Calon Lan...which actually means a pure heart.

Calon Lan

Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus
Aur a byd na'i berlau man
Gofyn rwyf am galon hapus
Calon onest, calon lan.

Catgan (chorus):

Calon lan yn llawn daoini,
Tecach yw na'r lili dlos:
Dim on calon lan all ganu
Canu'r dydd a chanu'r nos.

Pe dymunwn olud bydol,
Chwim adenydd iddo sydd
Golud calon lan rinweddol
Yn dwyn bythol elw fydd.

(Catgan/Chorus)

Hwyr a bore fy nymuniad
Esgyn ar adenydd can
Ar i Dduw, er mwyn fy Ngheidwad
Roddi imi galon lan.

(Catgan/Chorus)

Och!!!.....how these Welsh guys can sing!!!! I like Wales very much indeed.....hwyl fawr o Gymru! (Cheers from Wales).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZmxt-0Oz_o&feature=related
Damian in Cardiff   Sat May 15, 2010 3:00 pm GMT
But what could be better than when those Welsh lads come up against our Scottish lads, as seen and heard on Welsh home ground at the Millennium Stadium here in the city of Cardiff......."O Flower of Scotland" (Scottish anthem) followed by "Mae'r Hen Wlad fyn Nhadau" (Land of My Fathers - Welsh anthem).

Now how does this sound! What I love and admire is how the Scots and the Welsh both respect each other's anthems in the sports stadiums....something in the way of a lesson I really think we can both teach the English supporters to some degree at least.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOgSnGSB0R4&feature=related