Finnish, Hungarian and Turkish

Amateur Linguist   Sun May 16, 2010 8:23 am GMT
I just figured this out. Finnish, Hungarian and Turkish are related.
Yes, laugh. I haven't studied Turkish really, but I started testing words.
The post on "Koriese" got me thinking.
a zsebemben sok alma van   Sun May 16, 2010 10:19 am GMT
I am from Turkey. Turkish and Hungarian people have a common history and our languages have some common words. There are some similarities in grammar, too. But i think Hungarian and Chuvash are closer than Turkish.
Baldewin   Sun May 16, 2010 2:37 pm GMT
No one has proven they're related, but they have lent a lot of words from each other so I read. Perhaps they ARE related, but you just cannot prove it anymore due to the lack of knowledge about ancient root languages.
How about Japanese, Mongolian and Korean languages?
Amateur Linguist   Sun May 16, 2010 4:52 pm GMT
I have not tested Mongolian, but I think it is interesting. I speak some Japanese and I have played around with Korean. The grammar in Korean has some similarities to Japanese.
OP   Sun May 16, 2010 4:53 pm GMT
Thank-you for your comments.
Just try to explain   Sun May 16, 2010 7:42 pm GMT
@Baldewin, the earliest known Mongolian text is Yesunke Stone (1225). Hungarian, Japanese and Turkish has earlier records. Some researchers think that Mongolian is a kind of Chinese influenced by Turkish. Hungarian is considered as Uralic and Turkish is considered as Altaic , but they are close according to some grammar points.

itt van egy ház. (hu)
burada bir ev var. (tr)

van - var: there is

Hungarian and Turkish have no TO HAVE verb. This structure is used instead:
Ház-a-m van. (hu)
Ev-i-m var. (tr)

-m suffix and van / var are sounding similar. Hungarian and Turkish have nearly same suffix order. Finnish is a little different.
ház-a-m-ban (hu)
ev-i-m-de (tr)
kodi-ssa-ni (fi)
ház - ev - koti: house

Hungarian and Turkish -m 1st sg. possessive suffix. Hungarian -ban and Turkish -de locative suffix. Finnish -ssa locative and -ni 1st sg. possessive suffix. So, don't underrate Ural-Altaic languages.