Confirmed: French is in free fall

opinion   Wed May 19, 2010 7:54 am GMT
<<You people are just jealous that French is such a romantic, majestic, and refined language with a deep history and great culture.>>
Perhaps French is" romantic,majestic and refined language" for native French speakers only. In my opinion,for most others French is creole language of Vulgar Latin and Germanic origin. Clear,fine sounding Spanish , Italian or Catalan and unclear sounding French ("r" "eu") are incomparable (European Portuguese too).
FS   Wed May 19, 2010 9:14 am GMT
Wow, falling at this speed, it will soon join Spanish in the language shithole.
Mexican-American from TX   Wed May 19, 2010 9:59 am GMT
"USA is becoming bilingual."

That's a crock of horse manure... I don't understand why people keep saying that. Sure, Spanish has a slight presence in American society, but only in "The Valley" in Texas, Arizona, southern California, New Mexico and ,of course, in big cities like New York, Chicago, Houston, etc...

No other foreign language has that reach in America. And, for those of you that think you can get around the US with Spanish...what are you smoking? Yes, there are usually Hispanic communities in a town, but when you go to Midwest, Eastern Seaboard states, etc., they are much harder to find.

Most Americans try to claim to be bilingual; they aren't. Maybe they can speak 1 or 2 sentences in another language...
EX-MEXICAN, SPIC 4 LIFE   Wed May 19, 2010 10:10 am GMT
EL ESPANOL NO SOVREVIVIRA EN USA!!!! IMPOSIBLE!!!!!!!! LOS SPICS ODIAMOS NUESTRO IDIOMA DE MIERDA Y TRATAMOS DE DISTANCIARNOS DE EL PARA NO PARECER TAN SPIC, ASI QUE OLVIDALO GUEVON!!!
latino   Wed May 19, 2010 10:19 am GMT
Tranquilo colega,"el tiempo da y quita razones" por mucho que insultes, ya que el que insulta generalmente no tiene razones o lo mas probable en tu caso "tiene miedo" de haber cogido el camino equivocado.

EL ESPAÑOL HOY DIA ES DINERO Y FUTURO, si te quedas fuera es tu problemas " gringo de piel oscura " mal futuro tienes y tu lo escogistes por tu cobardia. El español no pide que renuncies a nada simplemente da buenas sensaciones es por eso que ganará a tu pesar.

!lo siento por tí!
Franco   Wed May 19, 2010 2:05 pm GMT
Eso es lo que tenéis que hacer todos los mejicanos de mierda, no hablar español. El español es una lengua de seres humanos, no de simios como los sudacas.
Wingyellow   Thu May 20, 2010 10:59 am GMT
If you know how Chinese create "web pages", you won't be surprised at all that Chinese is a dominant language on the Internet.

They (or should I say "we" as I'm also Chinese) use software to automatically copy other people's articles, paraphase them (also by software) and create thousands of web pages for the sole purpose of getting web traffic and ad revenue. They call this kind of web site "rubbish site".
Jordan   Thu May 20, 2010 11:25 am GMT
<Mexican-American from TX>

I totally agree with you! America is not even close to bilingual. Except in those places that you listed. I live in the Midwest, and barely anyone speaks Spanish here.

I've read even more ridiculous things on this forum saying that Chinese is becoming more popular and spoken in America which is even MORE of a lie. No one speaks Chinese in America unless they're Chinese immigrants or tourists.