You've never heard of an English lover

Carlos I de España   Tue May 25, 2010 9:34 am GMT
While speaking at a conference in 2000, James Dewey Watson, an American molecular biologist, best known as one of co-discoverers of the structure of DNA had suggested a link between skin color and sex drive, hypothesizing that dark-skinned people have stronger libidos.

His lecture, complete with slides of bikini-clad women, argued that extracts of melanin — which gives skin its color — had been found to boost subjects' sex drive.
"That's why you have Latin lovers,"
he said, according to people who attended the lecture.
"You've never heard of an English lover. Only an English patient."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_D._Watson

Thoughts?
WTF   Tue May 25, 2010 12:38 pm GMT
It's more to do with self-confidence, arrogance and culture to be honest. Dark skinned males tend to be sleazier, chuvanistic and more openly sex-obsessed - case in point the Turks. Women are very weak beings and thus are attracted to this sleazy, chuvanistic attitude.

Light skinned, Germanic males on the other hand are brought up to have the deepest respect for women and almost view them as their superiors, as a result they are less openly sex obsessed and less sleazy, as a sleazy, chuvanistic attitude is looked down upon as highly undesirable.

Some far easterns have very dark skin, and you never hear them refered to as lovers or studs. Regardless, rather than an attempt at real debate, I think this thread is an immature dig at English people. The UK has one of the highest populations in Europe, significantly higher than the Latin nations, so they must be preforming better than you.
Franco   Tue May 25, 2010 2:02 pm GMT
Spain has lowest fertility rate not only in Europe but in the world, that says a lot about Spanish lovers. Well, I'm not surprised because promoting homosexuality, massive immigration and cutting down subsidies to women who have children must necessarily provoke these consequences.
English   Tue May 25, 2010 3:32 pm GMT
High sex drive is linked to excessive leisure (i.e. laziness and lack of beneficial, productive activity). No wonder latin males are "good in bed"--they have to be good at something, don't they?

At least the English are balancing their families, careers and healthy sex lives in order.
Franco   Tue May 25, 2010 3:38 pm GMT
I partly agree, high sex drive deviates one's energy from being productive. I'm glad that I'm not a specially sexual voracious person, I find pleasure, even more intensely in a lot of things and not only sex like some people, .But I don't think this is a particular trait among Spanish males. Most vicious people I've seen in my life were English tourists . England has highest rate of pregnant teenagers, so they don't live their sexuality orderly after all.
Carlos I de España   Tue May 25, 2010 4:40 pm GMT
Very "valuable" opinions,

but who are we to believe, James Dewey Watson, co-discoverer of the structure of DNA and a Nobel Prize, or a bunch of ignorant, Spanish-haters twits?

Hummmm ... hard choice