Brits are not PC about homos...

Wondering   Mon May 31, 2010 5:47 pm GMT
The British have a reputation of being very PC, but it strikes me that the one thing British are not PC about is homosexuals. As far as I can gather, compared to countries like Sweden, the Netherlands and even Spain there is little taboo in making fun of gay people in the UK. Even PC people throw around the "batty boy" and "fudge-packer" insults requently and no one bats an eye-lid. Even the notoriously PC British media occasionally makes jibes at gays.

Likewise, I can't imagine the UK ever legalising something like gay marriage in the near future. When it comes to homos, the British public aren't PC enough to support it.

Prehaps the British aren't as spineless as their PC habits are portrayed? I gather that the British consider homosexuals to be depraved souls of dubious morals and largely marginalise them. Recently a member of the British government said something to the effect of "Hotels should have every right to turn away homosexuals". Can you imagine a Dutch politician saying something like that?
Jayson   Mon May 31, 2010 6:57 pm GMT
Maybe because Britian is so gay friendly, gay people don't take offence. If people make gay jokes in England, gay people laugh with straight people. There is no hate,,