Question about 'Call, fall...'

GuiƱo   Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:24 am GMT
so I can use German rounded vowel /o:/ in words like fall, call and won't sound foreign..:)

/It would sound odd in the US or Canada.
Trimac20   Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:03 am GMT
To a Britisher (yes i made that up) American 'fall' is is like 'farl' or 'fahl', to an American the British fall is indeed something like 'foe.'