Linguistically Latin Solidarity on antimoon !

LATIN   Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:32 am GMT
Tiffany, Please don’t pollute this thread, Italians and Spanish are considered cousins culture, and The Latin Union organisation unites all the Latin languages.

VIVE LA CULTURE LATINE !

Liberté - Egalité - Fraternité
Guest   Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:55 am GMT
Enculé
Tiffany   Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:38 am GMT
Pollute this thread? I said only that not all "Latins" feel the same way you folks do. This is a reality. You may unite anything you want. You guys made this up though right? Because I don't this "Latin Union" exists in any physical way.
Guest   Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:37 pm GMT
Because I don't this "Latin Union" exists in any physical way

Well that's YOUR pont of view and only yours, it's lke the one you said that in the USA all people who speaks a latin language are considerated latins which is FALSE, the US media, and the everyday people proves that in the US (and also in Anglo-Canada) the only people who is considerated latin is a brown skinned, short person from South America who speaks Spanish. And if you dare to say the opposited to these "klever Americans" you will be considered an ignorant and a old fashion person.

A lie is still a lie even if the current world superpower (or whoever) say's it.

And Latin people is not only the South American people for God's sake.
Dawie   Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:59 pm GMT
This solidarity between Latin people is purely fictional. I'm a native bilingual Afrikaans and English speaker and I can assure you that other than for purely linguistic reasons, I feel no special bond or solidarity with other Germanic cultures just because I speak 2 germanic languages.

Knowing a number of Spanish people, I get the idea that they don't particularly care either way about other so-called "Latin" cultures either. All this does is perpetuate the idea of "them" and "us" by trying to artificially group disparate cultures together under the "Latin" flag so as to distinguish them from non-"Latin" cultures. What a load of bullshit!
Euro   Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:24 pm GMT
Dawie ! you havent got a clue ! there is a huge inter-latin affinity.

The inter-mix Latin marriages confirms that! Most intermixed Latin marriages are between Latin cultures and not others! You are clueless ! I am from Southern Europe and I feel much closer to any other Latin European than any other cold reserved Anglo-Saxon. You are not in the club anyway so :

Don’t preach your kitsch!
Sander   Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:29 pm GMT
He Euro,

I'll explain that Latin brotherhood to you.Proper!

It's a sick idea from 'latin' nationalists aimed to point at more developed nations from a suggested position of 'Cultural supriority'.
Sander   Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:31 pm GMT
I'll ask you a question then Btw,

If 'Latin culture' is superior, then WHY aren't countries with a LATIN CULTURE the worlds most powerful and rich?Why are most of them 3RD WORLD countries?
le petit francais   Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:49 pm GMT
france has got a latin culture and she s one of the most powerful country
Sander   Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:02 pm GMT
Yeah right, the entire world is afraid of France.
Dawie   Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:25 pm GMT
"Most intermixed Latin marriages are between Latin cultures and not others!"

Euro, I'm afraid I can't take anything you say seriously. You have more than adequately displayed your stupidity with the sentence above. I should hope that ALL intermixed Latin marriages are between Latin cultures or else they wouldn't be intermixed Latin marriages, would they?

Please, if you are going to debunk anything I say, at least offer some logical counter-argument, not the puerile drivel you're spurting out on this forum. Otherwise you're just wasting my time.
Sander   Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:33 pm GMT
=>"Most intermixed Latin marriages are between Latin cultures and not others!" <=

Well, with sentences like this logical thinking is brought to new heights...
Guest   Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:49 pm GMT
" If 'Latin culture' is superior, then WHY aren't countries with a LATIN CULTURE the worlds most powerful and rich?Why are most of them 3RD WORLD countries? "

I don't know for the other "guests" who post provocative/nationalistic sentences on this, but As myself coming from a latin European country I absolute don't consider that my culture is "superior" to others, It is mine, I am proud of being part of it as I would be proud of another if I would be from another culture.
As for Richness; it is obviously true that a big part of the latin countries are much less rich than their northerner counterparts, and some of them are really very poor, especially in Latin America. But things also change, Spain was until 20 years ago almost a third world country, and now it is the 8th world's power. I hope that the economy of latin America, but also Asia and Africa will reach the western European level one day too.

" Because I don't this "Latin Union" exists in any physical way. "
You wanted too say "I don't think this latin union exist in any physical way" ?
Yes, it exists, since the fifties I think. Even if its role is not very big, it is an official international organisation, wich propotes the languages, cultures and intercambios beetween the countries, in the respect of the diversity of each culture. The purpose is not to make any political union, it just organise conferences, language courses, exhibitions, etc.
Guest   Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:52 pm GMT
" Yeah right, the entire world is afraid of France. "

Sander, do you think that a big power should nececerally frighten the people ? Actually I'am afraid of Iran or North Korea, I don't thing they are big power...
Tiffany   Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:31 pm GMT
<<Yes, it exists, since the fifties I think. Even if its role is not very big, it is an official international organisation, wich propotes the languages, cultures and intercambios beetween the countries, in the respect of the diversity of each culture. The purpose is not to make any political union, it just organise conferences, language courses, exhibitions, etc.>>

Thank you for clarifying this.