get or be

kritika   Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:42 am GMT
Hi
my friend who has got his first job has become very cool these days.
so i want to write a sentnce that he should get/be serious because its high time to think about his career.how effectively i can write this sentence?
Tiffany   Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:53 am GMT
You should probably post your question only once Kritika. It's easier to find responses this way.

I would say:

"You need to get serious about this because it is high time you thought about your career."

There are many variations to how you can say it and I'm sure others will chime in with them. :)
kritika   Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:10 am GMT
Thanks Tiffany
but here in this sentence i suppose instead of thought think will be more correct , i dont know . what do u say?
Uriel   Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:24 am GMT
It's more common to hear it Tiffany's way, but it could also be correct to use "think".
kritika   Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:41 am GMT
i just want to know what is more correct to say ...
i dont have currency in my cel or i dont have money in my cel
kritika   Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:05 am GMT
hi
if i have not seen a person from so many days . then what should i say
i am seeing u after long . where were you?
but i think there is some mistake .
tell me the proper way to say this
Tiffany   Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:52 pm GMT
What is a "cel". Usually, it sounds better to say "I don't have money", but then I don't know waht a cel is.

For not seeing a person for a period of time. "I haven't seen you for awhile. Where have you been?"

Of course, as with my answer above, there are many variations on this.
Pravi   Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:36 pm GMT
Hey Tiffany,

I feel Krithka is somewhere in the Asia Pacific region. Cel is another way of saying mobile (Mobile phones). Currency is used for the mobiles here and used for prepaid connections.

Kritika,
The better way to express it could be, "I do not have currency in my mobile".

<<It's more common to hear it Tiffany's way, but it could also be correct to use "think". >>
Uriel,
Do you feel usage of 'think' is appropriate? I assume it changes the meaning or is improper

"You need to get serious about this because it is high time you think about your career"...is this what you mean?