alphabet

Irish Gal   Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:49 pm GMT
Prove what you brit!! you talk as if YOU took it away.hahahaha. unlikely, & besides i dont want the north back.there just as bad as you lot are up there.ha, im staying away from there. :D
BNP   Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:55 pm GMT
In 1922, I believe, we gave it back. You also betray your fellow Irish in another art of the island, traitor. They are no different from you.
Laura Braun   Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:06 pm GMT
It could be interesting to read much more information about alphabet here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphabets#The_Alphabet_effect
MODERATOR   Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:04 pm GMT
Laura, Duke is taking the piss, ignore him.
Adam   Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:20 pm GMT
The smallest alphabet in the world in the Solomon Islands alphabet, which has only 11 letters.

The alphabet of Khmer, a language spoken in Cambodian, is the world's largest alphabet - it has 74 letters.

English has 26 letters with all of them in general use, whereas some languages have alphabets with a few letters that are only used in foreign words - Italian, for example. Italian only has 21 letters but has 26 if you include the letters J, K, W, X, Y, which are only used in foreign words.
Adam   Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:23 pm GMT
"Prove what you brit!! you talk as if YOU took it away.hahahaha. unlikely, & besides i dont want the north back.there just as bad as you lot are up there.ha, im staying away from there. "

The Northern Irish also don't want to be a part of the Republic of Ireland. They don't want to be a part of a country that secretly supported the Nazis in World War II.
Guest   Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:44 pm GMT
"The Northern Irish also don't want to be a part of the Republic of Ireland. They don't want to be a part of a country that secretly supported the Nazis in World War II."
Can you explain I never heard about that? Actually don't bother, I'll research it myself and get the truth and not your politically twisted version.
Sabre   Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:38 pm GMT
There are a number of derogatory phrases being sent to this thread. Why is this allowed? The Irish are a wonderful people so stop insulting them.