a hen's night out?

Rex   Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:01 am GMT
Dear All,

Would you check out the following sentences for me? There are a few expressions I am confused about.

Dani wagged a finger at us. "You two guys in the wine country for a week. Sounds like a hen's night out. Bye." She waved as she made her way out."Thanks for the champers." And then she was gone. Jack shook his head in an exaggerated manner. "Man, that chick's got it going on. Would I ever love to strap her on."

1. What is "a hen's night out"?
2. What are champers? I can't find this word in my dictionary.
3. What does Jack mean by "got it going on" and "strap her on"? I have completely no idea what Jack was saying.
Guest   Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:19 am GMT
Where did you get this from?

I think the first two are British slang, and I don't know what they mean because I'm American... The third means that he wants to have sex with her.
Guest   Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:32 am GMT
1. A girls' night out
2. Champagne
3. "she's got it going on" ~ she's hot (sexually attractive)
Ben   Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:03 am GMT
1 = A girls night out, organised by a bride-to-be's friends. It's like a celebration, and the last change to go out and be single before she is wed.

Ben.
Damian   Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:55 am GMT
In the UK:

On a night before a marriage...usually the last night:

1. Hen night. The bride to be and all her female friends go on a night out....drink flows.

2. Stag night. The bridegroom and all his male friends go on a night out...drink flows...and flows.....and flows...and flows on his last night as a free man. Very often pranks and tricks are perpetrated against the bloke...who is given loads of pints...what has happened more than once is for the guy to be stripped naked and padlocked to a lampost....bad weather doesn't count. It's not unusual for grooms to look a wee bit grotty standing by the altar the next day.
Rex   Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:21 am GMT
Thank you all!
Those are all very informative and clear! ^_^
Rex   Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:42 pm GMT
Err...can I continue on this topic? As the above sentences are followed by:

"Hey, don't talk about her like that. She's a good girl," I said.
"Yeah, right, good to the bone."

What does "good to the bone" mean here? The word "bone" was typed italics. So I guess it implies some other meanings than the skeleton...
Lord Halifax   Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:31 pm GMT
"strap her on" = make her put on a strap-on penis???

"good to the bone" = usually: totally good, 100 % good
here: "bone" reference to penis????